Yodle Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yodle Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview itself easy interview. First they will call you and do a short phone interview and will then schedule you to come in face to face. First you will be asked to shadow another rep on the phones for about 20 min. They will then take you to an interview room describe the job to you, ask you a few standard interview questions then ask you to read a script. They will hire anyone with any background. They just want to know if you are willing to make dials all day, talk to people all day and get hung up on.

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you: respect or money??   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yodle

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Starts with a 15 minute phone interview, but can be much longer. For me, the interviewer did not even call at the scheduled time and it was not until I reached out via email that we rescheduled for the next day... which the recruiter was to as well. Questions were basic at first, but quickly transitioned to typical behavioral interview questions.
    Afterwards, it you are invited to an onsite interview to shadow another sales rep for 30 minutes, and to be interviewed by another hiring manager. The reps try their best to show how much fun they are having, but this is a smile and dial call center at its worst; a relic of the sales techniques of a time long past. The interview with the hiring manager mostly just covers your resume and a few more behavioral interview questions. Over all, very easy, but not worth accepting the position for the laughably low pay rate they offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you persevered when things did not go your way?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I submitted my application online, received an email for a phone interview the next day and was asked to go into the office the following day. I received an offer on my way home from the office.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited by them. It was a really simple process, a phone interview just asking the normal questions. They invite you in for an in person interview where they show you the office and you'll shadow a sales rep to get the feel for the job. Then pull you into a interview room and just make sure you are remotely qualified to learn the process. They will also have you read a script with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Would you have an issue cold calling all day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. Next day was emailed about doing a phone interview.

The phone interview was very pleasant with standard background questions.."Why sales?" etc. In-person interview was offered at the end of the phone interview.

Walking into the office you immediately see two large rooms named 'Training Room' -- big giveaway that there is probably quite a bit of turnover, but that didn't deter me.

In-person interview started with a 30 minute shadow of a sales rep on the call center floor who seemed like he'd rather be anywhere but there; but his phone skills were rather good.

A recruitment manager then came to get me for an interview. We talked about the shadowing, the position and straight forward back and forth questions.

Was offered a final interview with a sales manager minutes later who made me feel very comfortable, so it almost didn't feel like an interview.

Throughout the entire interview process every interviewer almost tries to discourage you from wanting to take the position by being super upfront about the intensity of the unglamorous telemarketing role, and what you should expect from it. They want to make sure you really want to be there or at least really want to get into a sales role.

A couple days later after I received a call with an offer
    from the initial recruiter. I want to get into Inside Sales and this seems like a really solid place to get started which is why I accepted (and free lunch uhri day...hopefully it's decent.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty self explanatory. Shadowed a sales rep observing them while they made phone calls and following a long on a script. The sales rep that was shadowed was very nice and was respectful. Then had a 10 minute interview with the hiring manager. That consisted of telling him about the company, what research was done, employment history, etc.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I sat down with a Sales Rep and listened into a few calls. Shortly after I met with a hiring manager, he asked about me and what why I was looking at the position. We then went through a test call to see if I could read off of a script.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding business and sales history   1 Answer

I received a verbal offer during the interview and was told I would receive an email later that week to go over everything. I haven't heard anything from them since even after sending the recruiter an email. I found that to be disrespectful to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. We talked and they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. The first one was with another recruiter and I was asked to read a script with the interviewer. I was called back in for another interview with the senior manager. He asked a lot of tough questions and was very direct but at the same time incredibly nice once you got through his tough questions. They told me they would call me by the end of the week and I heard back saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Sales Representative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

1) short screening phone interview
    2) schedule an in-person interview same or next-day
    3) in-person interview included 1/2 hour of shadowing a sales rep seeing what the work is like (although it doesn't really give a good feel for the work unless you already have cold-calling experience). After shadowing, a one-on-one interview with one of their recruiters. If that goes well, schedule a short final phone interview with a manager
    4) manager phone interview that may result in verbal offer
    5) written offer by email

Interview Questions

• 1) This is a hard job, why will you be able to stick with it?

2) Why Yodle?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A