Yodlee Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Analyst

Yodlee Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Yodlee

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodlee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

I was shortlisted by Yodlee for the position of Business Analyst. During my first interaction with their HR, I was asked to provide various details including my present and expected compensation. The HR was initially not sure about the company being able to match the compensation. So after discussing with the company's VP, the HR got back to me saying that the interview rounds can be started and the compensation would not be a problem.
To begin with, I was asked to make an SRS for a feature enhancement in Yodlee's product. That was followed by a detailed telephonic technical interview with a product manager. After clearing that, I was asked to take up a face-to-face interview with the head of product management. Since this round of interview also went off well, I was asked to take up a telephonic interview with their GM (based in the US).

I performed quite well in all these rounds and as expected was asked to provide the detailed break-up of my compensation. After not hearing back from them for a week, I called them and was told that my existing compensation was more than their maximum limit for the BA role. So they are trying to get an approval from the senior executives in the US as they felt that I was good enough even for a Sr. BA role. After a long wait of more than 2 weeks, I again called the HR to find out the status and got to know that they did not get the approval and can not extend the offer to me.

I had heard good feedback about the company, but unfortunately the experience was sour on 2 grounds:
1. Why did they commit on being able to give the expected compensation without taking the required approvals for the compensation since they knew my present and expected compensation right in the beginning. I think it was unethical on their behalf to make the candidate go through 1 round of preparing SRS and 3 rounds of interview not knowing if they would be able to match the compensation of the candidate.

2. Though a minor issue, the time lag between the communications from HR was a lot and it was I who had to call them rather than them calling me to update on the progress.

I am extremely disappointed at the way a candidate is treated at the expense of internal approvals within the company. Hope Yodlee takes a nice look at the recruitment process of theirs and does not harass candidates. Otherwise the only ramification this would have is worsening of the company's reputation.

Interview Questions

• The task of preparing a complete SRS on a new feature for Yodlee's product was unexpected though not very difficult.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yodlee

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodlee (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring mostly done on referral model. Generally three round of interviews, first screening round which would be completely technical and is taken by senior in the team. Second round too is technical taken by manager followed by, if need be, with a Director or above level of person. If they need you badly, all this rounds will happen on the same day, so be ready for it. HR here is pretty flexible and if you can negotiate well, you can get what you are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Since this is a product company, you are either developing the product or in support. Hence you will surely come across a position when you will be handling a live production issue. Every interviewer will surely ask, 'Have you recently handled a production issue and how?'   Answer Question