Yorkshire Building Society Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yorkshire Building Society Group

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group in September 2016.

Interview

Very efficient and thorough lots of checks back and fourth a lot due to them not collecting all the information first time round telephone interview was very similar to face to face

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yorkshire Building Society Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group in June 2018.

Interview

Short telephone interview, then an interview with one manager with a call listening exercise, then a final interview with five different managers. There was also a short presentation exercise at the end of the final interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver excellent customer service while under external pressures, ie performance targets and management listening in on calls?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group in January 2016.

Interview

Let me start by cutting the proverbial right here, right now. Their recruitment process is a joke.

So much so that I felt compelled to do a short write up on it. Here's what they want from you for the honor of being paid a kings ransom (not). Extensive online Psychometric test. Over 60 questions of the "strongly agree / agree / strongly disagree" sort that are engineered for total ambiguity. Requires you to waste least an hour of your time. If you pass that, then they conduct a telephone interview on you. You get to hear about the job, which transpires to be absolutely nothing like the job you read in the job ad. Upon hearing the 'actual' description you realize exactly why. Then, the 30 minutes of interrogation begins. Oh and they put you on speaker phone without telling you, which is quite coy. Nice. Completely unapologetic when I commented about that.

Think we're done? Oh no...Wrong. Get called back and told you've got to wait two weeks for the pleasure of dragging yourself to their assessment centre where you're given the honor of being their free printing service for the multitude of forms they'll email you ahead of the unpaid morning of brain anesthetizing background checks, exercises, interrogations all critiqued and assessed at their pleasure. The best bit is that after all this, there's every chance you wont even be hired.

Ask yourself, would you run this gauntlet for a job that is offering McDonalds levels of pay, the grand sum of £15,000 PA. Really. Anyone who's of sufficient calibre to be suitable for the job will see that YBS is taking the mick, in broad day light. Yet YBS wants those very same people. Oh, dearest Monty python....

I'm forgetting this glorious role was a "flexible working contract" AKA zero hour contract. For only a 4 months, mind you.

Sound good? I'm done.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would establish trust?   1 Answer