Yorkshire Building Society Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yorkshire Building Society Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Yorkshire Building Society Group

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was told there might be a telephone interview but there wasn't. The face to face interview consisted of a skills review and competency based questions. Generally it was handled very well and I was impressed by the way I was treated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the questions about my CV, experience and competency based questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

I initially saw the role advertised through an agency. They gave me the details and quickly decided to put me forward. The interview was booked quickly and the manager was happy to see me after hours. My first interview was around 2 hours long but really informative, it wasn't all about me, i gained a lot of information about the business and what its future plans were. I was keen to come back in as I thought this sounded like just to right place for me. I heard back to next day and a second interview was arranged.
    I met the GM and other members of the team and I had another interview for an hour and a half. I really felt that they were keen to make the right decision and this gave me confidence that if I was offered the role they did feel I was right for them. Throughout this process I was kept informed and when offered the job I had no reservations in accepting.
    All the people I met were so welcoming and friendly from reception through to the other department members.

Interview Questions

• As this was a step up in my career I did get some questions which were theoretical rather than competency based. Not difficul per se but they did make me think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clear and simple, i had all the information I needed to make a decision.

Graduate Trainee Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Assessment session was an afternoon long process split into:
    60 minutes: getting to know the group
    45 minutes: group exercise with the other candidates
    45 minutes: personal interview
    30 minutes: individual prioritisation exercise

Interview Questions

• The prioritisation exercise can be a little tricky. Make sure to explain your reasoning and means of communication thoroughly, rather than worry about whether the work is correctly prioritised.   Answer Question

The salary is only £18,500 with progression to £29,000 upon completion of CIMA (roughly 3 years). This is well below the UK market rate.

Engagement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely easy to follow. I completed an online application and was invited for an interview. The first interview was a competency based question interview. Having successfully completed the first interview I was invited back for a second interview; this involved having to look at some data and come up with a presentation and some recommendations for the business and was based on the work I would be asked to do in the role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - no negotiation as I'd asked the relevant questions in the interview and the salary they offered was as expected.

Assistant Manager Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group in April 2016.

Interview

Painful. Capability questions which do not assess the person and their capability's. Basically if you can talk the talk you will get the role despite your abilities.

Mobile Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group.

Interview

Online application, online aptitude test, telephone interview, face to face competency interview.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, usual competency based questions. A lot of info is on the web for ybs interviews.   1 Answer

Learning An Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview to discuss CV and experience. Follow up panel meeting with a series of behavioural questions plus a case study. Second interview with director on expecations of the role and contribution to the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would influence a senior manager who was complacent about following through with assessing impact of soft skill training?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society Group (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was ridiculous. You are required to make a presentation prior to attending an assessment centre (full day 9am to 4pm)
    The process starts with a group activity whereby you interpret data and present back to observers - this is a mixed ability and mixed experienced group this takes 1.5 hours

Following the presentation you are requested to present the presentation submitted prior to interview then asked 12 questions competency based back to back ( not asked why you would like the job or what you would bring to YBS or what experience you have)

Following this you have a written test very similar to the first group activity except on your own.

At no point does anyone ask your name, why you would be good in role, what experience you have.

You are also expected to purchase your lunch from their run down staff canteen at your own expense.

After this ordeal you will potentially be offered a job at 26k a year - I think not