Young Rembrandts Art Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Young Rembrandts

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Young Rembrandts (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I completed a phone interview with one of the owners of this franchise. The conversation went well. She asked about my experience with children, and I explained to her my background in childcare and education. She seemed truly interested and set up an appointment for the next day to interview with me. She told me she'd email the location of a coffee shop to interview at later that day...but she never got back to me. Essentially, she got my hopes up and wasted my time. If she wasn't interested or found another candidate, she should have let me know instead of keeping me waiting - what she did was very impolite and unprofessional. Overall, their business practices seem pretty dishonest and shady.

Also, this is not a well paying job. You teach a 1 hour class and get paid $22 for that class (not including prepare or clean up time). You might only teach 3 classes a week, for what I have heard.

Interview Questions

• How are you with children? - experience wise.
    What is your educational background?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Young Rembrandts

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young Rembrandts (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Initially the phone interview went wonderful and she seemed excited to meet with me. I had told her that my hair was an abnormal color to see if it needed to be changed for this kind of job as I would have been happy to do so for this opportunity on my resume. I am highly qualified, and as a job in the arts, it didnt seem like it would be much of a problem. She explicitly stated that it depended on the location and there was another teacher that wore a wig. At the end of the interview she scheduled to meet face to face at Panera in 2 weeks. I waited the two weeks.
    The night before the interview at 7:30pm she sent me an email that stated it was against the policy to have hair this color and that she will be cancelling the interview.

I was heartbroken. I still am. I cant believe how ridiculously rude this interview was cancelled and that a field in the arts judged me as a person prior to seeing my work.

This is not the kind of company I would want my children learning arts from if it's staff treats individuals like this. The world is changing. Get with the times and learn to respect individuals.
    The worst part is, she didnt even bother to check in with my hair color in those next two weeks. My hair is brown now.

Interview Questions