Young & Rubicam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Young & Rubicam

2.5

Sort:

Planning Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam in March 2014.

Interview

Came into the office and spoke with people in HR and on prospective team. Two people in HR asked relatively general questions on resume, while prospective team members asked strategy-specific questions. Received informal offer on way out of office. Followed up with HR and submitted formal application for internship, then received offer letter. Signed and started a month afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate but was unsuccessful.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the head of HR before my meeting, and then I was interviewed by two separate employees for 30 minutes each. One was my would-be boss, and the other was his boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were presented with a challenge. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (San Juan, PR) in May 2011.

Interview

As I was scouted and brought in by the VP Creative Director herself, so my interview process was unusually fast and easy. I met with the VP Creative Director, and then interviewed with the General Manager. In less than a week, a secured a job at Y&R. The process was smooth and all the people involved were very courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was trying to secure my salary, as I was coming from a well paid position, and this agency couldn't meet my salary needs. However, upon making an offer on what they could pay, the General Manager did honor my experience and background and agreed to a higher salary. I was very grateful for that.   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very brief meeting with several of the senior team within group, but apparently just wanted for experience in the industry rather than bringing new ideas to the agency. There was some discussion on the culture, but emphasized the work life balance that didn't appear to be correct. A bit of overselling.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? What category do you prefer? Are you willing to branch out into other areas. Very basic.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

My interview was mainly behavioral questions. Be prepared to describe projects that you succeeded in as well as the ones you failed in. I interviewed with 3 people in total and most of the questions were marketing focused. Come with lots of questions to show your enthusiasm!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Took 2 months to get the call then I met one day with 4 interviewers. Job offer came after another 2 months. Very competitive environment even at the interview stage.

Interview Questions

• They kept on asking the same old questions: your strengths and weaknesses etc..   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

I applied online and was selected to come in for interviews. After scheduling me to meet with two AE's who I would potentially be supporting, I sat in a conference room and waited for what seemed like an eternity. When I finally did meet the first person, they rushed through the interview. The AE had not looked at my resume, seemed bored and inconvenienced. The second AE never interviewed me in person as she was busy. Then why did I come in for an interview? An all around waste of time and bad experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Very seamless. It's all based on current availability and fit.
    My friend shared my resume with HR, she followed up with the HR manager a week later.
    HR contacted me over the phone then invited me interview with her and the Account Managing Director of one of the accounts. Interviews went well and was asked to return two days later to meet with two Account Director of the same team.
    A week later I received the job.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite campaign from Cannes Lions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary non-negotiable.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Interview

Very analytical questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

- extremely conversational
    - a lot of questions about my personality and expectations
    - informational
    - less about what I've done and more about what I can do

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. My advice: be aggressive when considering an offer.