Young & Rubicam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.5

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the head of HR before my meeting, and then I was interviewed by two separate employees for 30 minutes each. One was my would-be boss, and the other was his boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were presented with a challenge. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

Was brought in for 2 in-person interviews, the last being with the CCO. Before I even got home from my last meeting, I received an email telling me not to take any other offers and that something will be worked out quickly. I interpreted that to mean an offer was forthcoming. After several days of silence and me poking around, the conversation became vague and I received a form email about a week later saying I didn't get the position and that I was a runner up. This is by far the most unprofessional interview follow-up I have ever heard of.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience and working style and critiqued some of their past work.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter only, it was a Skype interview. Got told about the position and the role I would take, mentioned the perks and the office culture. The questions I got asked were mostly about my availability, I just interviewed with the recruiter and then got to visit the office.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY).

Interview

Was referred by Y&R employee for role. Spoke to recruiter on the phone. Was called in for an in- person interview with recruiter and the hiring manager. Was told there would be a follow-up. Then radio silence..... The recruiter didn't even bother to get back to me after I followed up twice about the role.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled working with difficult people?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

Call interview in the beginning. Promised to call back by the end of the week. No response at all. It's been a month. The recruiter asked many questions and explained specific description of the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

Fill in a form and get causal questions based on your resume. They're more like behavioral questions and it'd be better to showcase your statistical and analytical capability. The process lasts about 1 to 1.5 hour and you'll get numerous questions based on your background, skills or other.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Bad management with hardly no communication. advice is to follow up constantly. They are looking for extremely pushy people with a lot of advertising background. Took months to finally get an interview. The interviewer was very scary and asked personality questions. They were tricky. The person was looking for someone with a lot of diverse work experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam in January 2016.

Interview

Relatively casual. The HR team is really nice/entergetic and gave me good pointers on my resume. I made a few updates, which was then sent to the account team. I was set up with the account director a week or so after my initial talk with HR. HR then followed up regarding my references and I was offered the job soon after.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about the industry?
      What type of social channels do you engage with and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I met representatives at a school event, introduced myself and got their contact information. I applied with a resume and cover letter through a professor and went in a week or so later for an interview. I interviewed with a total of 3 people over a 2+ hour period. I also had to fill out a questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• What's a brand you love? A brand you hate?   1 Answer

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very brief meeting with several of the senior team within group, but apparently just wanted for experience in the industry rather than bringing new ideas to the agency. There was some discussion on the culture, but emphasized the work life balance that didn't appear to be correct. A bit of overselling.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? What category do you prefer? Are you willing to branch out into other areas. Very basic.   Answer Question