Young's Market Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Young's Market Company

2.8

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a great 1-hour phone interview with the recruiter. However, when I had phone interview with the hiring manager, we didn't seem to click. What was most disappointing was that I wasn't told I didn't get the job ...I heard nothing back and had to look on LinkedIn to see that a different candidate was selected for the role.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about wine and spirits?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Mainly behavioral type questions. I just had one interview then was offered the job. Preparing for this interview wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with a coworker or boss.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

My interviewer was incredibly closed off. He made things very rushed and cut me off a ton. I really didn't get a chance to market myself, for he was only interested in technical details. I'd say, come prepared with quick and to the point answers for any interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you, and not any of the other candidates present?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Orange, CA).

Interview

phone screening: required knowledge of pivot tables with an emphasis on vlookup formulas

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Tustin, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Low key, nice offices, good interview environment
    They asked good questions and listened to the answers
    Answered questions that I had
    They explained what the job would be like without sugar-coating or exaggerating the difficulties
    Wanted industry experience; not a lot of that around locally; seemed to think that the job wasn't doable without it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the beverage distribution industry?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company.

Interview

Met with Regional Sales Manager after initial phone interview with hiring recruiter. We discussed the territory and division of accounts between onsite and offsite. We discussed the aggressive sales quotas and the commission structure. Questions regarding retail and restaurant experience and background. We also discussed knowledge and the portfolio of wines, beer and spirits.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company.

Interview

Friendly environment, not super formal but be prepared for your knowledge for wine and spirits. You'll need at least 2 interviews to get through the door. You'll have interview at either Los Angeles Downtown warehouse or Tustin Headquarter. Cool experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you an organized person?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waipahu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Waipahu, HI) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial contact came via LinkedIn. After contact, I applied for the position. Was contacted by Talent Acquisition Manager within one week for phone interview. Was then contacted by local employee to schedule an interview for the following day. Thought interview went well. Received no status update either from local or corporate. Followed-up with an email and within hours received a rejection via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Tustin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They asked me a lot of question about my previous employment, my skills, and experiences. A lot of behavioral interview questions to test how I have/would react to certain situations and how I could handle issues such as confidentiality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult individual in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initially interviewed with HR then management (1st position). Promotion/new position was one interview (2nd position)

Negotiation

None