Young's Market Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative/Merchandiser (Chains) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Tustin, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They asked me to talk about myself a little and then asked a few behavioral questions. Everything was very relaxed and conversational. They ended with asking me if I had any questions but they had covered so much and given me so much info I didn't have much to say at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used communication to succeed at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with 2 territory managers, in depth call from br, in person interview with territory manager and regional manager

Was told by hr that they liked me so much that I should decline and offer from another company and not apply elsewhere...then was not offered the position and received a general automated rejection email

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had pre interview with recruiter before first in person interview. This was awesome because it prepared me for my first interview and let me know what to expect. First interview was with upper management (3 directors of sales from different divisions) and was basically all behavioral questions. It's beneficial to have some prepared answers, but make it conversational and try not sound like you're reading from a script. First interview lasted around 45 minutes and went really well. The second interview was with two district managers and one of the directors of sales from my first interview. Very similar to the first interview, but with different questions. Second interview lasted about 30 minutes. Covered similar information to the first interview, but more in depth.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you?   1 Answer
    • What do you do to stay organized?   1 Answer

Craft SPirits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Intensive background information from recruiter on the phone. Was made aware of drug test, driving and full background check. In person interview then set up with the VP/Hiring manager. Asked about goals and sales history, asked what I would do to grow the busines.

Interview Questions

• What category of spirits is most challenging for you to sell?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contracted by the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Next came the in person Interview. The interview was short and sweet. Interviewers were well prepared with their questions and overall it was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were asked to do something you didn't want to do. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Interview

Resume inputted then contacted for an in-person interview. 30 minutes or so. Not very high stress, just conversational. Talking from both sides, with thorough explanation and answering of questions on their part

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

When I arrived the recruiter who I had been in contact with was there waiting for us, he led us into a room where he had breakfast and coffee waiting from there we had a tour of the offices in Pleasanton and after the tours we were paired up with our first interviewee. I was led to a board room where I got interviewed by a district manager and the head of all sales for northern California. majority of the questions where situational questions then there were a few questions related to the position I was applying for. I think they wanted to know if i understood the job and they wanted to see what I think my strengths and weaknesses within that job are. after that firs interview I was led to another room where I was interviewed by two more district managers. A lot of the questions were similar to ones I already had gotten but they also threw in a few more situational ones that really made me think. from there I was led back out and one of the interviewees led me downstairs where my recruiter was waiting with a little gift bag and we chatted for a minute, he told me when they would be in contact with me by then we said our good byes.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online to Young's Market Company for the sales rep role one night. I received a call from their recruiter the next morning at 9am. This led to 1 20 minute phone screen with the aforementioned recruiter. We then set up a time to meet for an in person interview with the District Manager. This interview was 30 minutes long and there were two employees there trading off questions from a manual and off the top of their head.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that someone you were working with, customer or co-worker, disagreed or was skeptical of something you were doing and how did you react?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the highest end of the pay spectrum the recruiter mentioned in my phone screen so I didn't negotiate too much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Orange, CA).

Interview

Met for about 40 minutes and answered questions primarily, asked about background, other jobs, what you did at those jobs, tried to make sure that you knew what you were doing at those past jobs. Asked about what makes you right, can you handle the job (lifting heavy cases, starting at 5am..)

Interview Questions

• Past Experience? Things you had to overcome to be successful? What makes you successful?   Answer Question

Not the right position at this time, relocating.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Tustin, CA).

Interview

Internal move so I was able to express my interest in moving into a new role and because of my good standing within the company, my manager helped me talked to the appropriate hiring manager. I went through one interview with the hiring manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical entry level sales questions.

Tell me about a time you were able to beat a sales goal you had set for yourself?
      Tell me about a time you found yourself in a disagreement with a manager?   Answer Question