Young's Market Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.8

Craft SPirits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Intensive background information from recruiter on the phone. Was made aware of drug test, driving and full background check. In person interview then set up with the VP/Hiring manager. Asked about goals and sales history, asked what I would do to grow the busines.

Interview Questions

• What category of spirits is most challenging for you to sell?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contracted by the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Next came the in person Interview. The interview was short and sweet. Interviewers were well prepared with their questions and overall it was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were asked to do something you didn't want to do. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Interview

Resume inputted then contacted for an in-person interview. 30 minutes or so. Not very high stress, just conversational. Talking from both sides, with thorough explanation and answering of questions on their part

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

When I arrived the recruiter who I had been in contact with was there waiting for us, he led us into a room where he had breakfast and coffee waiting from there we had a tour of the offices in Pleasanton and after the tours we were paired up with our first interviewee. I was led to a board room where I got interviewed by a district manager and the head of all sales for northern California. majority of the questions where situational questions then there were a few questions related to the position I was applying for. I think they wanted to know if i understood the job and they wanted to see what I think my strengths and weaknesses within that job are. after that firs interview I was led to another room where I was interviewed by two more district managers. A lot of the questions were similar to ones I already had gotten but they also threw in a few more situational ones that really made me think. from there I was led back out and one of the interviewees led me downstairs where my recruiter was waiting with a little gift bag and we chatted for a minute, he told me when they would be in contact with me by then we said our good byes.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online to Young's Market Company for the sales rep role one night. I received a call from their recruiter the next morning at 9am. This led to 1 20 minute phone screen with the aforementioned recruiter. We then set up a time to meet for an in person interview with the District Manager. This interview was 30 minutes long and there were two employees there trading off questions from a manual and off the top of their head.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that someone you were working with, customer or co-worker, disagreed or was skeptical of something you were doing and how did you react?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the highest end of the pay spectrum the recruiter mentioned in my phone screen so I didn't negotiate too much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Orange, CA).

Interview

Met for about 40 minutes and answered questions primarily, asked about background, other jobs, what you did at those jobs, tried to make sure that you knew what you were doing at those past jobs. Asked about what makes you right, can you handle the job (lifting heavy cases, starting at 5am..)

Interview Questions

• Past Experience? Things you had to overcome to be successful? What makes you successful?   Answer Question

Not the right position at this time, relocating.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Tustin, CA).

Interview

Internal move so I was able to express my interest in moving into a new role and because of my good standing within the company, my manager helped me talked to the appropriate hiring manager. I went through one interview with the hiring manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical entry level sales questions.

Tell me about a time you were able to beat a sales goal you had set for yourself?
      Tell me about a time you found yourself in a disagreement with a manager?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Orange, CA).

Interview

Two interviews with two different managers. Both were very nice. Questions weren't very difficult - asked in the STAR format. Offer was given the day after the second interview. No room for negotiation on salary.

Sales Representative/Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young's Market Company in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Online process was very easy and took less an hour to complete. I was contacted the next day about my application by HR. Phone interview by HR. HR seemed very nice and excited that I applied for the position. They later contacted me by email that I had a in person interview with the manager. Interview with the manager went well, but sadly I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I make my daily schedule? Poorly worded question.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Young's Market Company (Tustin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They asked me a lot of question about my previous employment, my skills, and experiences. A lot of behavioral interview questions to test how I have/would react to certain situations and how I could handle issues such as confidentiality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult individual in the workplace.   Answer Question