Yum! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Franchise Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a telephone call from the recruiter the following week had on-site interview. Met with 7 people in the legal team. Overall it was easy interview did not get opportunity to interview in greater length with the hiring manager. After the interview the recruiter Andrea went dark she did not at least send a sentence email that the company still interviewing or advising the next step and was unresponsive to emails. I found that to be unprofessional but overall the entire legal team was pleasure to meet.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

I received a call hours after I submitted my online application. HR immediately set up a phone interview the next day and a face to face interview the following week. As one of the other interviewers mentioned, I was also given an agenda to interview with four individuals. The beginning of the process went quickly, but it slowed down soon thereafter. I reached out to HR to find out about the status and was quickly (within 30 minutes) asked to give five references. My references were contacted to fill out an online reference survey. I received no feedback from HR or the hiring manager. I again reached out to the hiring manager and received silence. Three of my references are colleagues of my current employer. I gave five references because the company led me in believing that I am a candidate for the position. Word from the (now)wise... DO NOT give Yum! current colleagues as references if you are seeking a confidential job hunt because they will blow your confidentiality while having no intention of seriously considering you a candidate. Make the references available upon contingent offer. Poor communication and unprofessionalism during the interview process will not make for a good work environment later. I decided to move on from this company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR initially for a brief phone interview and the following day I received a phone call asking when I would be able to come in for an interview. They emailed an itinerary to me where I would actually be interviewing with 6 individuals back to back. I was extremely nervous to meet with so many people in a row but it ended up being very informal and they all made me feel so welcome. All in all the interviewing process was great and I feel they truly just wanted to get to know me. Culture is very important to them and I think they are most interested in whether or not you'll be a good fit with everyone, as long as you have the credentials to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position? What makes you want to be a part of our team?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! in September 2014.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. The first was by HR and the second was by the Hiring Manager.Overall, it was a typical phone interview process. The company led me on to believe I was a running candidate when I followed up both times. I have yet to hear if they have filled the position or not. Will be following up for the third time in a few days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

I had a interview for Yum! this weekend. They asked the typical questions, and what you did at your previous employment

Director International Implementations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

There was one initial phone interview to allow for candidate screening and first weening process. That was then followed by an in person interviews to get a better idea of positions requirements and to ask my own questions. Then there was a second interview to dig deeper into the process by discussing potential scenarios such as the following.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin analyzing a potential franchise implementation in another country?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. I had a phone interview and went over the usual interview questions like why Yum, tell me about yourself, why are you a good fit, etc. After answering these, I asked her about the hiring manager for this position as I did have more experience and more projects under my belt compared to this individual. Her response you ask? "Yum managers are a cut above all others in the country while on paper this person doesn't have as much experience they do however have a more powerful career and career track than where you." After this I ended the interview. Not saying that Yum isn't a great place but this interview left me with a bad impression. I'm sure others have had a way better experience. I wouldn't mind speaking with them in the future about a position just not with that recruiter.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yum! in January 2014.

Interview

First had phone interview with HR. HR was very nice and helpful. They then turn over resumes to managers to decide if bringing in for a face to face interview. On the day of interview I met with three different managers for 45 minutes each.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I earned my hire due to the work I demonstrated as a temporary employee. Even though I did no get the job at first, I got it when the new hire quit after 90 days!

Interview Questions

• What job do you aspire too? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yum! (Irvine, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

After sending my resume, met with four people. Even though my resume did not mention specific brand launch experience (my background is in marketing), the interviewers keep pressing me to give an example of a brand that I launched???

Interview Questions

• All questions are textbook MBA questions but the interviewers want to know about hands on experience.   Answer Question