Yum! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Franchise Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a telephone call from the recruiter the following week had on-site interview. Met with 7 people in the legal team. Overall it was easy interview did not get opportunity to interview in greater length with the hiring manager. After the interview the recruiter Andrea went dark she did not at least send a sentence email that the company still interviewing or advising the next step and was unresponsive to emails. I found that to be unprofessional but overall the entire legal team was pleasure to meet.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone with an HR representative. An assessment test is required to further the interview process. There are several interviews to include an HR supervisor and District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a specific example of how you dealt with a situation in which two employees did not get along.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with a Yum! Recruiter. I was told I would have a second phone interview, but then I was called in to meet face-to-face instead. I read this as a good sign. I had a full morning interview with four separate people. I took time off of work to meet with several sloppily dressed individuals. It seemed like the staff was hungover. I had a glowing interview on my end. The staff seemed more nervous than I was. The whole office seemed very annoying to be in. I had a tour of the obnoxiously styled office. Anyone could see right through the bright colors over college age. In short, I was not buying what they were selling. .

Interview Questions

• Asked about my lifestyle and what I liked to do on the weekends. A few meager regular interview questions, i.e. "what do you plan to be in the next three years?"   1 Answer

I noticed the salaries reported were $35k less than what I make at my current position. Good for someone out of college

Senior Systems Engineer\Senior Server Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Employee Referral. Interview process with manager and team went very well. However, the hiring process was less than stellar. I was offered the job, but because I had questions about the job descriptions and asked for a higher rate of pay, they revoked my offer. Poor communication from the HR department. Rate of pay is not competitive for Louisville area. After this experience, Yum is definitely not a place I want to work and continue to build my professional career.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you had that you had to learn how to implement, what were your steps in deployment of this project?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews in one day. Fair questions and quick turnaround. Met with each member of the team and discussed job requirements and my skill set. 28 29 30

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you passionate about in your personal life?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted fairly quickly for the initial interview. I spoke with the HR manager only during the first interview. Then there was a month or two that went by with no contact. I then had a second more technical interview in which I met with several panels of would-be peers and management.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe a failed project. Why had it failed? What could have been done to prevent the failure?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

Technical but very well organized to discuss solutions rather than vague technology questions like versions of software being used or familiar with differences between versions of software.

Understanding of Spirng framework. Architecture solutions. Performance improvements.

Interview Questions

• Interesting technical solution implemented previously.   1 Answer

Social Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

An email-in job application, conference phone interview, followed by in-person group interview. Enthusiastic interviewers with much to discuss in the interview process, very transparent. They were swift in selecting me for the position, and seemed confident in me the entire time. It was a breeze. It's my belief that they do not contact anyone whom they do not consider to be perfect for the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most important piece of experience in your background? (And why?)   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

I received a call hours after I submitted my online application. HR immediately set up a phone interview the next day and a face to face interview the following week. As one of the other interviewers mentioned, I was also given an agenda to interview with four individuals. The beginning of the process went quickly, but it slowed down soon thereafter. I reached out to HR to find out about the status and was quickly (within 30 minutes) asked to give five references. My references were contacted to fill out an online reference survey. I received no feedback from HR or the hiring manager. I again reached out to the hiring manager and received silence. Three of my references are colleagues of my current employer. I gave five references because the company led me in believing that I am a candidate for the position. Word from the (now)wise... DO NOT give Yum! current colleagues as references if you are seeking a confidential job hunt because they will blow your confidentiality while having no intention of seriously considering you a candidate. Make the references available upon contingent offer. Poor communication and unprofessionalism during the interview process will not make for a good work environment later. I decided to move on from this company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR initially for a brief phone interview and the following day I received a phone call asking when I would be able to come in for an interview. They emailed an itinerary to me where I would actually be interviewing with 6 individuals back to back. I was extremely nervous to meet with so many people in a row but it ended up being very informal and they all made me feel so welcome. All in all the interviewing process was great and I feel they truly just wanted to get to know me. Culture is very important to them and I think they are most interested in whether or not you'll be a good fit with everyone, as long as you have the credentials to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position? What makes you want to be a part of our team?   Answer Question