Yum! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yum! Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.8

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. 4 rounds of interview starting with a phone interview. The questions were easy and straight forward. I was offered the job after interviewing with the Area Coach. The recruiter was very nice and pleasant.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! in September 2014.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. The first was by HR and the second was by the Hiring Manager.Overall, it was a typical phone interview process. The company led me on to believe I was a running candidate when I followed up both times. I have yet to hear if they have filled the position or not. Will be following up for the third time in a few days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

I had a interview for Yum! this weekend. They asked the typical questions, and what you did at your previous employment

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 30 minutes of basic fact finding.The second interview was a job preview in the store, a view of the actual job and management responsibilities. Final interview was with an Area Coach, final questions and review before they decide on a final offer. Great interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided to interview with the company?   1 Answer

Director International Implementations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

There was one initial phone interview to allow for candidate screening and first weening process. That was then followed by an in person interviews to get a better idea of positions requirements and to ask my own questions. Then there was a second interview to dig deeper into the process by discussing potential scenarios such as the following.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin analyzing a potential franchise implementation in another country?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. I had a phone interview and went over the usual interview questions like why Yum, tell me about yourself, why are you a good fit, etc. After answering these, I asked her about the hiring manager for this position as I did have more experience and more projects under my belt compared to this individual. Her response you ask? "Yum managers are a cut above all others in the country while on paper this person doesn't have as much experience they do however have a more powerful career and career track than where you." After this I ended the interview. Not saying that Yum isn't a great place but this interview left me with a bad impression. I'm sure others have had a way better experience. I wouldn't mind speaking with them in the future about a position just not with that recruiter.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yum! in January 2014.

Interview

First had phone interview with HR. HR was very nice and helpful. They then turn over resumes to managers to decide if bringing in for a face to face interview. On the day of interview I met with three different managers for 45 minutes each.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I earned my hire due to the work I demonstrated as a temporary employee. Even though I did no get the job at first, I got it when the new hire quit after 90 days!

Interview Questions

• What job do you aspire too? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

My initial interview was fairly straight-forward given that my role was new to the organization, as was this particular department. My specific core competencies were what mattered most to the interviewer who sought me out for the role as well.

Interview Questions

• I was a bit surprised at the salary that was offered, but the benefits package were good.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Yum! in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a bit rigorous; there were many questions asked.
    Between 30 to 50 I believe. Some scenarios were given to see how you'd handle a situation. "Are you an honest person?" "Give an example of a time in which you've been honest"

Interview Questions

• "What's more important to you; people, ideas, or ethics?"   1 Answer