Yum! Interview Questions in Louisville, KY | Glassdoor

Yum! Interview Questions in Louisville, KY

2.9

Senior Systems Engineer\Senior Server Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Employee Referral. Interview process with manager and team went very well. However, the hiring process was less than stellar. I was offered the job, but because I had questions about the job descriptions and asked for a higher rate of pay, they revoked my offer. Poor communication from the HR department. Rate of pay is not competitive for Louisville area. After this experience, Yum is definitely not a place I want to work and continue to build my professional career.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you had that you had to learn how to implement, what were your steps in deployment of this project?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews in one day. Fair questions and quick turnaround. Met with each member of the team and discussed job requirements and my skill set. 28 29 30

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you passionate about in your personal life?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted fairly quickly for the initial interview. I spoke with the HR manager only during the first interview. Then there was a month or two that went by with no contact. I then had a second more technical interview in which I met with several panels of would-be peers and management.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe a failed project. Why had it failed? What could have been done to prevent the failure?   Answer Question

Social Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

An email-in job application, conference phone interview, followed by in-person group interview. Enthusiastic interviewers with much to discuss in the interview process, very transparent. They were swift in selecting me for the position, and seemed confident in me the entire time. It was a breeze. It's my belief that they do not contact anyone whom they do not consider to be perfect for the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most important piece of experience in your background? (And why?)   Answer Question

Director International Implementations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

There was one initial phone interview to allow for candidate screening and first weening process. That was then followed by an in person interviews to get a better idea of positions requirements and to ask my own questions. Then there was a second interview to dig deeper into the process by discussing potential scenarios such as the following.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin analyzing a potential franchise implementation in another country?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. I had a phone interview and went over the usual interview questions like why Yum, tell me about yourself, why are you a good fit, etc. After answering these, I asked her about the hiring manager for this position as I did have more experience and more projects under my belt compared to this individual. Her response you ask? "Yum managers are a cut above all others in the country while on paper this person doesn't have as much experience they do however have a more powerful career and career track than where you." After this I ended the interview. Not saying that Yum isn't a great place but this interview left me with a bad impression. I'm sure others have had a way better experience. I wouldn't mind speaking with them in the future about a position just not with that recruiter.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I earned my hire due to the work I demonstrated as a temporary employee. Even though I did no get the job at first, I got it when the new hire quit after 90 days!

Interview Questions

• What job do you aspire too? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

My initial interview was fairly straight-forward given that my role was new to the organization, as was this particular department. My specific core competencies were what mattered most to the interviewer who sought me out for the role as well.

Interview Questions

• I was a bit surprised at the salary that was offered, but the benefits package were good.   Answer Question

Yum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Interview

The interviewer was a great guy and the company seemed like a great place to work, but in the end I ultimately went with a different job somewhere else

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Interviewed with VP and and HR VP, as well as, spent time with peer Sr Manager. Interviews all lasted about an hour with the standard questions about past experience and where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years. Total process from resume submittal to job offer took 2 months (I had a vacation and the HR VP was traveling a lot during the interview process).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Asked for a higher salary and the VP called the next day with my request being granted.