ZF Friedrichshafen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.5

Engineer II - Customer Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Marysville, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an E-mail from HR, interview scheduled in their Marysville location in MI. The person who was supposed to greet meat their location didn't show up. The Hiring Manager who was supposed to conduct my interview missed it due to personal reasons and his team member who interviewed me was least interested and didn't even allow me to elaborate on my resume. The team member was too quick too judge me and the interview was too short (30 minutes). I was interviewed in no way related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to explain if I asked you about forging? (The position was a Quality Customer Liaison and was in no way related to forging !!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray Court, SC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Gray Court, SC).

Interview

I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the manager and the HR. But when I reached their office, the HR made me sit in the lobby and took my interview on phone without the hiring manager. When I asked her courteously if I should meet her then the HR said she forgot that it was a face to face interview and said she could not meet me as she had a meeting then. What a waste of time for everyone! The job got offered to someone who met the panel with the manager face to face and got a chance to explain about his qualifications to a technically competent panel. It is unfair to not give everyone an equal chance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray Court, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Gray Court, SC).

Interview

I applied after meeting with recruiters at a college career fair in January. I was contacted for interview in March. I interviewed at the ZFTG with a senior engineer and an entry engineer.

Assembly Interview

Interview

The interview was a technical cum behavioral interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes and focused on my previous work experience and courses. It also highlighted the basic job responsibilities. It highlighted on the company requirements and job roles and their expectations from the employee. The interview was very comfortable.

CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Plymouth, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Meet with HR and one hiring manager discussing about the resume and behavioral questions, the previous experience/skills/software related with the works and when can you start. Basically follow the general behavioral questions. Be prepared and relaxed

Interview Questions

• talk about yourself, e.g. strength and weakness; go along with the team; most difficult task; multitask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Marysville, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview with a couple of employees that work in the department you are applying for. It was very comfortable and relaxed. They just ask you the usual questions and go over what you would supposedly be doing if you get the job. They have to interview 3 different people so it takes a while for them to let you know if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a real life experience and how you can apply it to this job.
      Name a time that you struggled and what did you do, what was the outcome, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Miramar, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Manager of the Department. She was very detailed about the overall need of the position (temporary) and was not only professional but friendly. She also discussed the length of the project, working hours. She showed me samples of what she was expecting of the assignment and asked me if I was comfortable working on the project.

Interview Questions

• She asked me how long have I worked as a Technical Writer and if I've ever worked for audits before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Things went pretty smooth with the Recruiter.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Plymouth, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

on site with tour with HR and hiring manager. Lot of good questions asked and were very friendly throughout. It was a very nice company and building and interesting project. It was a good interview process and experience overall. The tour was at the end and highlighted more of the work and more discussion of that, which was really good.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most difficult aspect of the position?   Answer Question

International Post-Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Toledo, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied during College Career Fair in-person at the ZF booth. After reviewing my resume, I was invited to attend ZF Career Day in Detroit, MI. It was basically a networking lunch event where I had the opportunity to talk to HRs and current employees, and also got to learn more about the company. After this networking event, I got an invite via email for a digital online (HireVue) one-way interview. This was my first HireVue interview ever. You get 30 seconds to prepare before each question and there are total 6 behavioral questions. You get only one attempt to speak while a video of yours is being recorded. You speak to your webcam. Being my first HireVue interview ever, I was very nervous and I completely bombed it. It was a great opportunity I missed. After one week, I got a NO from ZF via email.

Foreign Trade Zone Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Fill out paperwork tell them a little about my self talked about what I did on my last job drug test back ground check. They call me 2 days later and gave me the job

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to come work for ZF   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy