ZF Group Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZF Group (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Was recruited when my resume was posted on Monster. Interview over the phone was about 40 minutes with some pretty high level questions relating to situations, project management, and what kind of things draw you to the position. Recruiter required a PI test which was just words self described and by others. Flew me down for a in person interview and would rate that experience at a 8 out of 10. Was very technically oriented and a little over my head in some areas which I explained how much knowledge and to what extent my experience was with certain things. Asking for training and what opportunities in such areas may have been beneficial as my prior job offered little, as I do want to extend my knowledge base. Two days later I heard back that they wanted me to join the team. Overall the interviewing process was very quick but they are looking for energetic, go get it, and follow the rules type mentality.

Interview Questions

• Very little was unexpected. Most was technical in nature. Research what questions may be asked at interviews and why. Prepare yourself with your technical background.

I was actually caught out by a previous interview on describe yourself in 5 words and how others would in 5 words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was taken care of by the recruiter. Only waited two days from verbal offer to actual papers in hand. Offer was over expected rate for only 3 yrs "engineering" experience so my machining and safety training must have played into it.