ZF TRW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZF TRW Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.7

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZF TRW.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview as I was through the contractor. The Manager called me and asked basic questions regarding the Tools that I was using and the products I was working then.

Interview Questions

• What tools I am capable of working with?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Lebanon, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from corporate recruiter to schedule interview. Only gave me choice of one day of week. I had a ton going on that day, but wanted the job, so took several hours out of my schedule to interview. Was told I would be escorted from gaurdshack to building and interview location, but had to find my own way. Interviewed well with 3 personnel. No hard questions, and reallty, wish they would have asked more. Also met with HR manager who talked about company for over 30 minutes. No questions were asked about my resume. Was at the interview for an hour and a half. I followed up twice with the company recruiter, but no response back. I feel like they already had their candidate, and this was a huge waste of my time and energy. Interview prep and groom time = 3 hours, drive time = 1, interview time = 1.5 hours. All of this and not even the a courteous response from my followup emails. I will probably receive a generic letter in a month or so stating they chose another candidate. What ever happened to common decency and respect? Seems to be a new trend with HR and recruiters. Just avoid the candidates that were not chosen...

Interview Questions

• What steps were taken to control achieve higher inventory accuracies.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Washington, MI).

Interview

First I got a Call from the HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.
    the next step was an in person interview with hiring manager and the team, I would be working with.
    During the interview, a tour of the facility was given as well.

Interview Questions

• I was very casual and the manager wanted to know more about my past experiences.
      The HR questions were very straightforward about experience and salary range.
      Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF TRW in June 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process. Four people interviewed me, each with half an hour. Basically they first introduce the company and the job requirements and then they will let you help them go through your resume, give a short introduce of yourself, and go over your work or project experience. The last few minutes were for you to ask them questions.

Braking Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very good experience interviewing with ZF. Was interviewed by three Engineers including the hiring manager and the Chief Engineer. All the questions were from the resume. The interviewers were chilled out and focused more on the relevant projects. The Chief Engineer asked a few behavioral questions. Overall was a good experience

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received a call a few weeks later regarding a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward. Most of the call involved the interviewer giving information about the company. After a week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever soldered anything? What types of computer softwares are you familiar with? How is your documentation skills? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Marion, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

1st Round was HR screening. Was asked to fill a questionnaire
    2nd Round Panel Interview with Material Manager & Material Supervisor
    On-Site Interview - Had a day long interview with 5 different people. Customer support specialist,Material Supervisor, Material Manager, Senior Material Manager and Operations head

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Novi, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I received a voicemail from a recruiter/HR Generalist. I called them back several times over the course of almost 3 weeks before I was able to speak to someone. The phone screen felt very rehearsed as if the recruiter was reading a list of standard questions. Afterwards, the recruiter was supposed to send me additional information via email and let me know if the hiring manager wanted to interview me in person but I never heard another word. The recruiter did say there were many applicants for this position but closing the loop would have been nice since I took time out of my schedule for an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online for 'Braking Controls Engineer' position and got an invite for a phone interview for 'Software Engineer' position. I still decided to continue and accepted this invite. This was the first round of interview. Had to call the interviewer (current employee) at Livonia, MI, before and schedule the phone interview time and date. On the day of scheduled phone interview, spoke to only one person over phone (same employee). He was very rude from the beginning and casually made fun of small mistakes I made; not professional. Entirely technical which I answered all well. At the end of this interview, I asked him how his experience working at ZF TRW has been till today and his answer gave me an expression that he was not happy and satisfied with his work at ZF TRW, Livonia, MI. He did mention that there are conflicts going on within the company. This made me wonder how bad the work culture would be, and I decided to quit. After interview, I wrote an email to him that I would no longer like to continue interviewing ZF TRW (his department). His unprofessional behavior still boils my blood today when I think about this, and will never consider working for an employer where employees are not satisfied and unprofessional.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley View, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Valley View, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

First met with the A/P manager, on a Friday. We spoke for about an hour- she was very friendly, talked a lot about the culture of the company and how after I got some experience in this position, I could move into other aspects of accounting and further my career.

Was contacted by my recruiter the following Monday, set up second interview with a different manager for Tuesday. Spoke with her for about 30 minutes. Received unofficial offer that night, official offer letter two days later.

Interview Questions

• Based on a previous position's performance review, what is something I need to work on?   Answer Question