ZF TRW Interview Questions in Livonia, MI | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through university, that was an internship opening. It took less than 2 weeks for me to get the phone screen interview with one engineer and his supervisor. The atmosphere was super friendly and they seemed not have too much questions prepared beforehand, just followed your line and asked few not much technical questions according to your personal projects or work experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online for 'Braking Controls Engineer' position and got an invite for a phone interview for 'Software Engineer' position. I still decided to continue and accepted this invite. This was the first round of interview. Had to call the interviewer (current employee) at Livonia, MI, before and schedule the phone interview time and date. On the day of scheduled phone interview, spoke to only one person over phone (same employee). He was very rude from the beginning and casually made fun of small mistakes I made; not professional. Entirely technical which I answered all well. At the end of this interview, I asked him how his experience working at ZF TRW has been till today and his answer gave me an expression that he was not happy and satisfied with his work at ZF TRW, Livonia, MI. He did mention that there are conflicts going on within the company. This made me wonder how bad the work culture would be, and I decided to quit. After interview, I wrote an email to him that I would no longer like to continue interviewing ZF TRW (his department). His unprofessional behavior still boils my blood today when I think about this, and will never consider working for an employer where employees are not satisfied and unprofessional.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard process - Application, phone interview with HR, F2F interview with Dept Mgr

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Every question was straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a lateral move within the company and therefore specific guidelines to follow regarding compensation which set limits to salary and vacation. The initial offer was genuinely the best offer possible.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Phone interview then second round office interview. Second round is very informal. Talk about yourself and ask questions kind of a thing

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

first round interview was a phone interview, the person was very nice and the questions were all walk me thru your resume kinda questions. I was asked to explain my duties specifically on the experiences that match their job description. And she also asked my expectations for the position. had to call the recruiter to get feedback

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI).

Interview

The interview was arranged with a recruiter. The initial phone screen was held, and they had a management issue, so the interview was repeated 5 months later. After the phone screen I was brought in for an in person interview.
    The interview was very professional and covered my experiences, particularly dealing with customers from different cultures.

Interview Questions

• There really were not a lot of surprises and they seemed less interested in technical experience as experience dealing with customers, particularly demanding ones. There were a number of scenarios presented and how would you react situations.   Answer Question

Initially, they represented they would come up with an offer in the minimal acceptable range. When the offer arrived, it was FAR below this range to the point I just couldn't justify leaving my current job for this one.

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews with HR and 1 on site interview with engineer, supervisor, sr. manager & director. People's levels/positions were not mentioned until after the interview was over. Started off as 1:1 interview and later became a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• In depth process questions as well as general work experience. Was asked about skill set as well as previous experiences. Also made to use lessons learnt in school and how I could apply in the problem statement they gave.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

The first step in TRW's hiring process is to get recognized by their human resources. Once this happens, you will usually get a call within a few days asking you to set up a one on one interview with managers, chief engineering, program managers, directors, etc. Once this occurs, internally, human resources posts your interview date, and management then sign up for slots to talk with you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had to walk up 6 flights of stairs to the hiring managers office, was out of breath before I could tell the interviewer anything about myself. The hiring mgr gave me a small run down of the position. I was told there would be travel, although the description did not show this. It sounded like a good move career wise, however I don't think I would fit the culture.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Met with hiring manager, walked up six flights of stairs versus using the elevator, no structure to interview at all, poor interviewer! She seemed to either unaware or unconcerned of interviewing protocol. Very dry, no real input to the job requirement or expectations. Violator of the equal employment act.

Interview Questions

• How many children do you have and what are their ages? How do you plan to pay for school?   Answer Question