ZF TRW Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.8

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Washington, MI).

Interview

First I got a Call from the HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.
    the next step was an in person interview with hiring manager and the team, I would be working with.
    During the interview, a tour of the facility was given as well.

Interview Questions

• I was very casual and the manager wanted to know more about my past experiences.
      The HR questions were very straightforward about experience and salary range.
      Answer Question

Braking Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very good experience interviewing with ZF. Was interviewed by three Engineers including the hiring manager and the Chief Engineer. All the questions were from the resume. The interviewers were chilled out and focused more on the relevant projects. The Chief Engineer asked a few behavioral questions. Overall was a good experience

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received a call a few weeks later regarding a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward. Most of the call involved the interviewer giving information about the company. After a week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever soldered anything? What types of computer softwares are you familiar with? How is your documentation skills? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Novi, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I received a voicemail from a recruiter/HR Generalist. I called them back several times over the course of almost 3 weeks before I was able to speak to someone. The phone screen felt very rehearsed as if the recruiter was reading a list of standard questions. Afterwards, the recruiter was supposed to send me additional information via email and let me know if the hiring manager wanted to interview me in person but I never heard another word. The recruiter did say there were many applicants for this position but closing the loop would have been nice since I took time out of my schedule for an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online for 'Braking Controls Engineer' position and got an invite for a phone interview for 'Software Engineer' position. I still decided to continue and accepted this invite. This was the first round of interview. Had to call the interviewer (current employee) at Livonia, MI, before and schedule the phone interview time and date. On the day of scheduled phone interview, spoke to only one person over phone (same employee). He was very rude from the beginning and casually made fun of small mistakes I made; not professional. Entirely technical which I answered all well. At the end of this interview, I asked him how his experience working at ZF TRW has been till today and his answer gave me an expression that he was not happy and satisfied with his work at ZF TRW, Livonia, MI. He did mention that there are conflicts going on within the company. This made me wonder how bad the work culture would be, and I decided to quit. After interview, I wrote an email to him that I would no longer like to continue interviewing ZF TRW (his department). His unprofessional behavior still boils my blood today when I think about this, and will never consider working for an employer where employees are not satisfied and unprofessional.

Column EPS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Township, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Washington Township, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for this job through a job recruiter at ZF TRW. The first phone interview with the job recruiter about 15 minutes. During the interview, discussed about the intention to leave former employer and why want find a job in ZF TRW. After then, she said she will schedule a phone interview for me with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about 45 minutes. The phone interview went pretty good. Three days after the phone interview, ZF TRW invited me to take onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What is most challenge things when you are working in the team?   Answer Question

Applications Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long. Almost five months during the process. There were several delays on getting scheduled for phone and face to face.

I was left alone for almost an hour waiting for one of the people scheduled to interview me and they did not show up and there was not that followed up. I had to find someone to escort me out of the building. The process just fell apart.

CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview after applied with the recruiter, fair interview, but they tend to hire a experienced Engineer, so I didn't get the invitation to do a on site one.

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was smooth. There was a written test.
    They said they will reimburse my travel expenses in 4 to 6 weeks. But it's been more than 7 weeks. They even don't reply to my email about the reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• Why applied this position? Why you believe you are qualified....   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

One needs to apply online on their career web page. Then if the hiring manager like your resume he/she will contact you via HR, once that is done, you get a call for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• I had no technical question asked but they asked me to explain my past experience and my major inputs in their.   1 Answer