ZF TRW Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZF TRW Software Engineer Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online for 'Braking Controls Engineer' position and got an invite for a phone interview for 'Software Engineer' position. I still decided to continue and accepted this invite. This was the first round of interview. Had to call the interviewer (current employee) at Livonia, MI, before and schedule the phone interview time and date. On the day of scheduled phone interview, spoke to only one person over phone (same employee). He was very rude from the beginning and casually made fun of small mistakes I made; not professional. Entirely technical which I answered all well. At the end of this interview, I asked him how his experience working at ZF TRW has been till today and his answer gave me an expression that he was not happy and satisfied with his work at ZF TRW, Livonia, MI. He did mention that there are conflicts going on within the company. This made me wonder how bad the work culture would be, and I decided to quit. After interview, I wrote an email to him that I would no longer like to continue interviewing ZF TRW (his department). His unprofessional behavior still boils my blood today when I think about this, and will never consider working for an employer where employees are not satisfied and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZF TRW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR and was asked a few simple questions regarding background and availability. Within a week I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with the senior manager. Was asked questions about knowledge of C, software project experience, and experience with tools such as version control.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience working on software project in a team setting.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF TRW.

Interview

1 to 1 programming questions, the interviewer asked about questions on the resume and then give me 4 questions on c language programming. it is average difficulty, but need to be proficient in c

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Livonia, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through university, that was an internship opening. It took less than 2 weeks for me to get the phone screen interview with one engineer and his supervisor. The atmosphere was super friendly and they seemed not have too much questions prepared beforehand, just followed your line and asked few not much technical questions according to your personal projects or work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

The main Interviewer called me almost immediately after I applied to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked some questions from programming language C besides other personal or background related question. He wanted to make sure whether it is worthy to call for the on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was panel interview by four different groups. The questions starts from a very easy one but they can and will go very deep just to see the depth of knowledge. They expect that the candidate will have knowledge for programming, related hardware and industry practices for writing, maintaining and testing codes.

Interview Questions

• Write codes for the variable that is altered by external control. I did that but the trick was to use proper specifier before the variable declaration so that the variable change its value with immediate effect.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Timişoara (Romania)) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online for some software developer positions on various companies from Timisoara. I received a phone call one morning from a TRW employee asking me if I can come to a written test 3 days from then. The test had 5 sections and was in English: programming, electronics, testing, automotive and software products life cycle. Some of the parts were really difficult but you didn't have to score high in every section. After that I had an interview at the company site (it comprised a personality test, English skill test and IQ/Intelligence Test). The last interview was with a boss who came from England and after that I received the offer by phone.

Interview Questions

The offer was not good enough

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZF TRW in March 2016.

Interview

Es war nur eine telefonische Gespräch. Danach habe ich circa 2 Monate gewartet und dann habe ich eine Absage per Email bekommen.
    Das Gespräch war in Ordnung und hat circa 20 Minuten gedauert.