ZF TRW Interview Questions in Solihull, England | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Principal Electronics Engineer - Power Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZF TRW (Solihull, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied directly via TRW website. Response was extremely fast (this is rare), so I assume they do not have so many applicants (I am sure that this is an effect of many lay offs in the past).

Initial stage was a telephone interview with technical manager and team leader. All questions related to resume (pre-screening). Everything was right until they question about my current status (unemployed). I worked some time at direct competitor, but I clearly stated in my resume timeframe (definite period). High consternation and I already felt that my all experience as engineer (also at TRW) was not making any difference here and is worth nothing. The only one technical question was how I performed Worst Case analysis in the past (probably he assumed that I was complete technical dumb or I specialized in weaving wicker baskets as electronics engineer).

After just two days I received an e-mail from HR that mentioned position was filled by another applicant, but honestly speaking I did not believe this story...

...and I was right, because just after few weeks I received the same job proposal from some recruiter!!!

That's why my overall experience is very negative. I fully respect the final decision, but sorry I do not tolerate such cheap lies!

I also do not recommend this company because they do not respect your job title granted within TRW organization and they offer you only the jobs on the lowest possible level. This is quite strange since during recruitment to TRW I must proofed the same technical skills (the same technical tests) like colleauges in US for example.

However this attitude is a double-edged sword - believe me or not, but I am not surprised that TRW UK is under domination/management of TRW in Germany and US. Born to be leaders have a problem with being managed. UK location more and more is losing on meaning (not so many products and customers). What is more funny they also have sizeable complexes, that are earning less than their collegaues from Germany (heard at the meeting in UK).

Interview Questions