ZS Associates Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The general interview questions were standard, what I found most difficult was a computerized test using a software I had never used before (geography sales for type tool). I had a phone interview and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• computerized test using a software I had never used before (geography sales for type tool).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

A case was given and had to interactively solve it.
    The company is more involved in the marketing side of the consulting business

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Call, Video Interview, Office Interview. The phone call was general, the video interview was divided into a case interview and personality examination. The office interview was a brief rundown of company day to day, a lunch with an associate, and then a case interview. Overall it was very run of the mill and they could have done a much better job of explaining what it is they do rather than just showing software that is utilized in their work.

I think actually going through a specific project from the first phase to completion would be better approach to explaining the job itself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you failed?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2017.

Interview

Only one round on campus. Consisted of 3 30 minute interviews back to back. Structured, Unstructured, and Behavioral. A lot more math based than I expected for the structured case. General industry knowledge about ZS core clientele is useful.

Interview Questions

• Opening a store in a new location what are things to consider?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Online numerical & verbal tests - Behavioral interview + Case Interview.
    Case interview: different from usual cases. All information are in the case and you will go through step by step.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult, but some very precise questions on your past experiences might arise.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2011.

Interview

# rounds of interviews

Round 1: Case study
    Its tough todescribe the case study, but we were given loads of information, data, tables. You were supposed to choose an optimal method to rectify some sales related problem. You'll be given about 45 mins, at the end of which you have to explain your choices to a company person.

Duration: 20 mins

Round 2: Behavorial
    This consists of the general run of the mill behavorial questions. How would you react under a stressful situation? Describe a situation where you were forced to do something you disliked? Describe a situation which shows your attention to detail? The interviewer was very pleasant, and allowed me to take my time with the questions. He also asked me a rather stumping guesstimate question. How many traffic lights are there in your vity? It took me a solid few mins to work this one out, and I'm not sure how well I scored on this one. They often ask some negative questions, where you'll be forced to describe something you'd rather not, like where I had to describe something I absolutely hated. But it helps if you bring about the conclusion to something more positive, like, HOW you learnt from the experience and how it helped you.

Duration: 35 mins

Round 3: Principal interview

This is conducted by the principal associate of the company. This was rather relaxed for me. My principal was a genial and lovely person, who joked around with me, and asked me questions pertaining to my CCA. We discussed a lot about the company and how it works. This round was more for the benefit of me, and my doubts related to the company

Duration: 20 mins

Tips:

1. Always have something to ask about the company. At the end of each interview, you'll be asked if you have any doubts. Not having any makes you seem disinterested.

2. Practice guesstimate questions

3. If you need time to think and answer, just ask them! They're really nice, and dont mind waiting for you.

4. You cant really practice for the case study, but it helps to think logically. Think about the most optimum route for any problem, and more importantly, be convinced in your answer, and explain to them convincingly.

5. Relax! Dont be uptight and nervous. My interviews were gruelling, and were one after the other. I had a splitting headache, but they were really accommodating.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial 1:1 interview consisting of behavioural questions, why consulting, why ZS, detailed analysis of work experiences and educational baackground. Interviewers were very polite (2 intervies with a consultant and a principal). Proceeded to the 2nd stage assesment intray type of excercise had to come up with reccomendations to a client after analyzing emails, data, pricing data, MS etc.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2008.

Interview

Aptitude test in a room full of computers. Testing English and mathematics skills. Very limited time and they pre-screened people there and then to go to the next round, which was a face to face with a ZS member. Asked standard questions about CV, thoughts about the company, why do I want to be a consultant etc.
    Final stage was a day at the office; 3 rounds of interview. First round was analysing a graph and responding, as well as guestimate questions (how much petrol is consumed in one week in the UK). Second stage was analysing a folder of documents to discuss with a senior ZS member - investigating ability to process information. FInal round to discuss with another senior ZS member about CV, why join ZS etc.

Interview Questions

• Why is glass used as a container?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

3 interviews + GD
    General GD on hot topics.
    one case study round followed by interview for the same.
    Eliminate after the case study round but there were two more interview rounds for those who made it through.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Allahabad (India)).

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly confidence is the key to success for the interviews. There were two round and in case of ZS Prepare well for HR round. The technical round basically was based on DBMS and the HR round had some puzzles.