ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview. Went in for an in-person interview. Phone interview was not difficult. In-person interview was the most intense interview that I have had and was almost a full day. It has been a while, but from what I remember there was a behavioral interview, a structured case, unstructured case, demo of the type of work you would perform, and a lunch. You don't have to get the case interviews correct necessarily (but that is definitely better), but you need to explain your thought process clearly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

First Round: On campus. Consisted of 30 min behavioral and 30 min case study. Nothing too intense, requires some basic business calculations and minor mental math. Behavioral questions are very basic.

Final Round: In office. About 5 hours long. One typical case where the interviewer gives walks you through slides and has you give insight and do basic mental math. Not much different than first round case. One case where you're given 45 minutes to read materials and prepare a mock deck (just writing on blank slide templates and using given graphs). I was told a short presentation but when it came time to present the interviewer said it typically lasted 20 min, while mine was maybe 8min. From there I had a demo of their work, Finally I had a behavioral with a Principal that was quite tough. Be ready to answer some tough questions about experiences. Not much company info needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made the right decision when it wasn't necessarily the popular one   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds
    1st round - quant and qual interview - case study and "get to know me"
    2nd round - get to know me with a principle + 3 case studies- pretty easy
    take you to lunch with an associate for more opportuntities to learn about the culture
    they also give you an office tour

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

There were three rounds. First was telephonic screening with HR, second was telephonic behavioral interview and case interview with a manager. Final round in-person behavioral and case interview with manager and principal consultant.

Interviewers were not punctual, made me wait for 40 mins. Case interview is the key to crack it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this role and do you think you are a good fit?
      What do you know about this position and ZS Associates?
      What are the key skills you think are needed to excel in this role?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First Round-2 interviews back to back.
    1. Walk through case interview. You walk through a case provided by ZS and walkthrough the interviewer the solutions. Presented usually with guiding questions and relevant calculations, different from abstract consulting case studies
    2. Behavioral interview and over looking resume

Final Round
    1. All day event at the office. A portion to work on a case and then present it back to the interviewer. Another behavioral with some abstract questions/market sizing. A presentation of slide and ZS work method given by another interviewer.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through Campus - Three rounds - an initial online test, written case study and interview, followed by a behavioral interview. The case study was easy but long, had lots of charts and figures and one had to calculate certain things. The interview was good, one had to explain the case study results. The behavioral interview was mainly resume based.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and got contacted a few days later by HR for a brief phone screening, which was simple and straightforward; it just goes through your qualifications and preferences. Shortly thereafter, I got contacted for a two-part phone interview, the first part case and the second part behavioral, with each part lasting half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a group project went badly and what you would have done differently looking back at it.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Had first round interview on campus. Interview was 30 minutes case, 30 minutes behavioral. Had a different interviewer for each part of the interview. Case was a little tricky and I was not quite prepared for all the math I had to do, but overall fair and not excessively difficult. Behavioral was really straightforward and felt like more of a conversation than a job interview. Both Interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and had a first-round phone interview within two weeks. The first half was a case interview, consisting of both quantitative and qualitative questions. For the quantitative questions, I recommend using an excel spreadsheet rather than a calculator. The math was fairly easy and straightforward (all numbers were given). The second half was a behavioral interview. The questions were all standard. Waiting to have second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate pros/cons of various marketing techniques used by pharma sales reps on oncologists (ie: publishing in a reputable journal, blogging online, presenting at a conference)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Two weeks after I submitted my application I was offered a first round interview by email.

First Interview (Phone Interview):
    It consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview with one person. There were three standard questions and the rest of the time is left for you to ask questions. Then, there is a 30 minute case interview via a screen share application. I started a little late because it took a while to download the add-in. There are four slides with tables of data and some questions. I needed to have general knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry (common sense) and know about market share, sales force, revenue, gross margin etc. I was nervous about this part because of my engineering background. There is also a part you have to qualitatively look at data and explain your thought process for choosing one group over another. I actually calculated the wrong things, and the interviewer steered me back to the question I was supposed to answer. I was nervous that I was not following directions, but I was able to calculate the correct values. You should use Excel for the case.

HR called me two business days after the interview offering to fly me to the nearest office. They give feedback, and HR told me my interviewers really liked me.

Second Interview (Nearest Office):
    There were three other people being interviewed that day for the same position. First, we were greeted by the recruiter in the lobby. Everyone had interviews in a different order but with some of the same people. Every section of the interview was 40 minutes. I had a standard behavioral interview with a principal. Next, I had to prep a case, which was similar to the ones given in the first interview but more in depth. I was not able to finish it, but I think that was expected. Then, I discussed the case with a manager, which was supposed to be a mock discussion in a team meeting or at lunch with a client. After, I had a demo where a BAA showed me what a typical project was for someone in the position. I recommend being very attentive and asking intelligent questions because he asked specific questions to make sure I was smart and absorbing what he was talking about. Next, I had an analytical case interview with a principal. This is a standard business case interview, so I would definitely practice a lot beforehand. My question was about what would you think about when building a home improvement store in a metropolitan area. Then, I had lunch with a consultant and was given a tour of the office.
    Overall, the second interview was chaotic and unprofessional. They printed the wrong case, so it ruined the timing of everything else for everyone visiting that day. One of the interviewees had to prep in two different periods, which shortened her lunch. Someone was listed on my schedule to take me to lunch, so I was confused when a different person did. The person who took me to lunch was supposed to give me a tour of the office but didn't seem to know that. HR came out and realized what had happened, and someone they seemed to retrieve last minute gave me my tour. I had a lot of stuff because I brought homework to do at the hotel, and I am pretty sure someone said a snarky comment about how much stuff I had. Even if I was given an offer, I am not sure if I would have taken it because of this experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales and marketing specifically?   Answer Question