ZS Associates Business Associate Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Business Associate Intern Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Associate Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Applied and scheduled interview time through university's career website. Interview was split into the standard two portions: 1) behavioral and 2) case interview.

Lots of freedom to describe background in behavioral portion. No surprise questions.

Case interview was extremely straight forward—no tricks whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Again, the behavioral and case were both straight forward. The hardest question was probably "tell me about your background."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Associate Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

There are two rounds of interview from campus recruiting for LA office.
    1st round consists of 2 interviews, one behavioral by managerial position, one case by an associate.
    The case was pretty straightforward and structured. It's kind of like a walk-through of how they help clients market new products.
    The manager was friendly and shared a lot of trend issues with me.

2nd round consists of 3 interviews, 1 demo.
    1 case interview was like a structured, walk-through as well. Might need to be careful not to make stupid mistakes. I did that...
    1 case interview was more open-ended. I got a packet of slides and need to come up with recommendation. The manager suggested me to say my final recommendation first before explaining why.
    1 behavorial interview was hard. The interviewer really wants specific answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had to make judgment that is not easy to make?   Answer Question

Business Associate Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I had an initial 1-hour interview on campus and was invited to the Evanston office for a second-round two weeks later. The first round was a behavioral and a case (written), and the second round was a behavioral, demonstration, lunch, and two cases. Overall the interview was not a bad experience, although one of my case interviewers was rather unpleasant and discouraging.

ZS is highly interested in quantitative skills. Background/knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is not required

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when the right decision and the popular decision were not the same.   Answer Question

Business Associate Intern Interview

Interview

Final Round:
    2 case interviews-- 1 structured, 1 unstructured
    1 behavorial

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Got a call for an on-campus interview. Met with an associate principal for a 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. Well structured and nice people, although difficult case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed and what did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

First contact was on a Monday by phone from the recruiter. She wanted to set up a phone interview the next day, which was a basic quantitative case study with an associate. Three minutes after that interview ended the recruiter called back saying they wanted me in Evanston on Thursday for the final round. Four part interview: quantitative case, qualitative case, personality and position demonstration. There is also lunch with a current associate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical presentation you have had to give in an academic or work environment.   Answer Question

Business Associate Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2010.

Interview

2 interviews for 1st round: 30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case

Case was written, slides with questions to answer
    very quantitative