ZS Associates Business Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Business Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.6

Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with the recruiting team. Then I was brought in for a second round interview, which included one behavioral interview with a manager, and one case study. Final interview included a behavioral interview, a structured "analytical" case, a more open-ended / in-depth case study with a short presentation, and a demo from an Associate about the type of work that they do.

Interview Questions

• Case study about a company launching a new product and what considerations I would focus on   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in consulting / ZS?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Round 1 was an on campus interview with multiple employees. Behavioral and case interview. Round 2 was similar but at a company location. Case study can be intense, behavioral interviews are fairly standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for new undergrad hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, final round at location. 5 interviews with a short break for lunch. 3 cases, one behavioral, one "analytic" requiring you to assemble a presentation of a case on short notice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a round 1 phone interview offer which consisted of a 30-minute fit/behavioral component. Starting the interview with this makes the candidate more comfortable with the person they're interviewing with. The second 30-minute component is comprised of a case.

Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

My first interview was arranged through campus recruitment. It consisted of two parts: one 30-minute behavioral interview and one 30-minute case interview. The case interview is not the usual case interview, but they are tailored to truly seeing how you analytically think when given a problem. They truly do just want to see your thought process and see how you think. The second round was on-site and consisted of one behavioral interview, one case interview like the first interview, one pitch presentation/interview, and a demo of what they do.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider as your typical role in a team, and what's the hardest part about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

First, they schedule a phone interview that involves a 30-minute case and a 30-minute behavioral interview. The case is done over phone and webex - it's generally pretty easy. If you pass that, you move onto the final interviews, which take place at a ZS office. This portion consists of two cases (with managers), behavioral interview (with a principal), lunch (with associate or associate consultant), and a demo (with associate or associate consultant). They really try to gauge if you are a good "fit", so try to be personable during the lunch and demos (ask questions, be engaged, etc.), and obviously try your best on the case - you have to really bomb it to not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Three steps. HR first, then a member of the company at the branch you are looking to join, followed by a sort of case study interview but not as hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in your past that you faced adversity in a group and overcame it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview is very detailed. It consists of two cases, a behavioral interview with an executive and an interview where you meet with someone on a peer level. You aren't allowed to use a calculator and don't have a lot of time on one of the cases to read through everything and prepare and present to one of the Managers that runs consulting.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1. Initial phone screen with recruiter
    2. Mini pharma case over skype with a Consultant Level interviewer
    3. Onsite interview with five people and lunch with peers. (Including a full case, mini case, behavioral and meeting with managing principle of the office)

Whole process took about 3-4 weeks and was very structured and smooth. Probably one of the best organized interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any questions that were out of the ordinary. The only thing that I'd strongly suggest is that you be comfortable with some key terms for pharma/biotech and that you practice cases with another person (as opposed to doing them alone). The case is pretty structured and has some easy math. Stay confident throughout the case, even if you have difficulties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate unless you are in-market hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Communicated with HR based off European office for position in another European office. Was via employee referral and interviewed in a US office. The referral to interview took approx. 1 month and had behavioral interview via phone with a manager from European office (standard questions). Analytical interview with principal in US office. Case about a new cancer drug about to be released in market with LOADS of calculations. Non-traditional case interview since case material and calculation to be done provided as printed slides. Heard back the same day that was through to the second round but later offer was retracted citing strange language considerations, work permit reasons and even stranger was the fact that they offered a position to a non-European candidate recently and they did not want to offer another one now! They must have known all this before hand then why put me through this process at all?!? Strange and I did not enjoy this process.