ZS Associates Business Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.6

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was smooth and the interviewers are very friendly. The interview was being separated into 2 parts. One is the behavioral while the other one is the case brief interview. The interviewer for the case brief gives a clear guidance and instruction for you to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance when you have to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

1st round consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. Case interview was lead by the interviewer walking through slides of data. Interviewee is asked to interpret data and notice trends. Really doesn’t require much preparation beforehand. Biggest questions involve coming up with ways to fix errors in data input (example answer would be to develop a system in excel that looks for data outliers, or data entries that are above a certain threshold, and flag them for review). Behavioral interview consists of normal questions – many of them having to do with how you have participated in and had challenges in group settings. Final round interview was on site at the closest ZS office. The interview day was 5 hours long and consisted of 5 parts. (1) a behavioral interview (2) a case interview much like the one that was presented during the first round (3) a more in depth case analysis where the interviewee is given 30 minutes to interpret a case alone and then 30 minutes to present to interviewer (4) a demonstration by a current associate (5) informal lunch with an associate. Case interviews don’t require preparation beforehand. Again, not really a way to prepare for the case interviews. Overall great company and great impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

First round: 30 min case consisting of interviewer screen-sharing a presentation and asking for insights from some slides. Another 30 minutes of behavioral questions based on resume.

Final round: "Unstructured" interview consisted of walking through slide deck with interviewer and drawing insights, similar to first round; "structured" interview consisted of working through several pages of data and answering a few questions on your own, and then walking through it all with interviewer; brief meeting with current Associate who walks you through a current project he/she's on; a lunch with another current Associate; a fit interview with a principal/partner who asks basic resume questions

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you made an ethical decision that was difficult?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

For the first interview, there was both a behavioral and case study component. I cannot disclose details of the case study, but you are somewhat walked through it and asked questions along the way. Be very wary and look at the data carefully - do not jump to conclusions. The behavioral interview was relatively simple and you should really just know why you want the position, why you are interested in ZS in particular, and be ready to reference your previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Business Operations Associate given your engineering background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. 2 30 minute phone interviews with Associate Principal and consultant (1 behavioral, 1 case study)
    3. Final onsite interview- 4 interviews (30 minute behavioral with Principal, 40 minute Analytic with Manager, 40 minute demo of project work with Consultant, 40 minute case with 40 minutes of prep)
    Not a typical case study interview, difficult to prepare for, just need to be smart and think on your feet.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in June 2015.

Interview

Interview #1: Behavioral (Phone)
    Asked questions regarding your experience, how you worked in teams, how you managed working with difficult co-workers. Very interested in how you collected and filtered data. This position is about Business Intelligence.

Interview #2: Case Study (Phone / Screen Share)
    Showed a brief powerpoint regarding a make belief business situation. First slide was a data set that you were asked to point out trends, errors, etc. Next was a slide regarding a process flow diagram he asked that I choose which parts were not necessary to calculate market share. Next slide had some data regarding two quarters you were asked to compare and contrast the two graphs (even though they are different data they cover some of the same time frame).

Key is to show you understand how to break apart data and analyze it for validity and trends. Also be ready to ask intelligent questions and dig into what drives the company.

This is part one. I will post the second at a later date.

(I am an industry professional 1 yr / recent graduate).

Interview Questions

• How would you setup a system that has data entered manually to have less errors.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

3 week process

First round phone interview:
    1. Case interview: interviewer walked through 8-10 slides, asking questions about the data/graphs on each slide on the way
    2. Behavioral: typical interview questions

Final round office interview:
    Five separate parts: demonstration, 2 cases, behavioral, lunch. Cases were harder than the phone interview and required 20 minutes of preparation

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was difficult in that not a lot of information was given (3-4 slides with little information).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Missed the initial on-campus interview, so had a phone interview. Simple case questions and behavioral questions. On site, similar. Toughest part was walking through the case with the manager, make sure you go through your thinking process with them so they can steer you in the right direction. Don't try to impress them with buzz words, they'll see through it. Just be logical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. We had a hour first round interview that was two parts -- one was a 30 min case and another was 30 min fit. I interviewed with two different people. The fit interview was pretty standard. The case was interviewer led and based off a packet that they walked you through. Very straight forward. You need to be comfortable with analyzing charts and spreadsheets quickly. Market share is something to very comfortable discussing.

I was invited to the final round in Evanston. Two cases similar to the first round and a fit interview along with lunch and a walk through with a BOA. It was a good experience, and I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions

• They had an "analytical case" that expected you to break down the process of a sales company and resolve management issues.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2012.

Interview

Four stages
    1. Aptitude Test - Math, English, Logical Reasoning