ZS Associates Business Technology Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Business Technology Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1st round - HR -> 30mins- Very genuine and straight forward questions about resume, work experience and brief discussion on BTA role/interview process. Amazing HR.

2nd round- Case study -> 45mins- Interviewer gave a case study on sales data ( DB questions- indexing, characterizing etc). they are very concerned about wrapping up the interview in exact 30mins. Amazing interviewer

3rd round- Behavioral interview -> Interviewer had an heavy accent, and was so nervous that interviewer literally stammered while asking questions. It made me so uncomfortable, and sort of threw me off. It did not go well. When I finished talking or stopped to see if we were on same page, there were awkward silences. It was so weird. Worst behavioral interviewer ever! I have done well in all my behavioral interviews including McKinsey. Interviewer asked me basic quests like tell me abt ur leadership skills, talk abt team work, how do u manage a project downtime, etc. Again, interviewer cut off exactly at 29:59 mins (LOL). I saw it on my phone. BTW- this interviewer also checked my linked profile ;)

I did not make it to the 4th round cuz of what I believe the behavioral interview, although, the HR said I needed more technical skills. I did excellent in my technical interview and answered all questions correctly. The 2nd round interviewer was so happy with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

1 : HR Phone screens your resume.
    2: Phone Behavioral and Case study (Case 30 mins prep and 30 min Discussion)
    3: Final Onsite interview. Behavioral, Presentation (Given by company and sample walk through of their work), 2 case studies. (Case study 1: similar to phone case study. Case study 2: More analytical in nature and tests the thought process).

Interview Questions

• I had prepared some case studies in advance so there were no surprises here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied online on their website and got a call for a screening interview with the HR.
    ---the screening process was straightforward from the resume and they just wanted to check if my resume matches the requirement that they have

After a few days i got a call for a first round interview

----this interview was two part telephonic and thru webex

the telephonice round was all behavioral (you can note down the questions asked in this forum to be well prepared for it

the second part was on webex where they give you a case, it was not technical but they wanted basic sql knowledge as normalization and how would u better the data they have provided. it was straightforward.

then i got a call for an onsite interview in San mateo

---it consisted of 3 interviews

Analytical-- it is based on your resume but its more detailed and they want to know how your experience matches with the opening they have....they dive deep into your resume to see if you have that experience they are looking for, so prepare your resume well

the second interview was with a principle and was behavioral( again make a note of all the questions mentioned here they ask from the same lot of questions)

after that i had a lunch with an employee this was casual but you should show your interest about the company and ask a lot of questions.

After that was the main case interview which lasted for 45 mins, they first give you a case and let you go through it for the first 15 mins and then a consultant comes in and asks you questions on that.

tip- learn KPI's for every domain and how would you build reports which will be helpful for the managers to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where the popular decision and the right decision were diffrent and how did you go about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

-The interview process is pretty well laid out. Telephonic interview. 4 rounds in person including an online test.
    -Whatever you mention in the interviews stays in the interviews which means : You may be promised something in the interviews, but if it doesn't come through, don't be so surprised.
    -Time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join ZS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no real negotiation for most people as their offer seems pretty attractive.
    Before you reject other offers for this one, think again.

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Patiala (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

1. Written Test(Online Test by AMCAT) - 55 shortlisted
    2. GD - 23 shortlisted
    Interviews :
    3. Behavioural Interview(CV related questions, questions about training semester,guesstimate, algorithms(easy))
    4. Case Study(The most difficult part) - 11 shortlisted
    5. Principal Interview(Just tell him as much you can about yourself, and please also ask the interviewer something about the company, they love to answer)
    Finally 8 were selected !!

Interview Questions

• Case Study - Questions related to a Loyalty Program started by a Mall/Store. Database was given and we were to write the flow/process of the data of the reports(like report that must be sent to sales team, management etc.)   Answer Question
    • (Not a difficult one, nor an unexpected one. The GUESSTIMATE round)
      No of traffic lights in Patiala?   1 Answer

Business Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

1) Aptitude test
    2)GD
    3)Behavioral Interview
    4)Case study
    5) Principal interview

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a very nice experience as there were three round of interview and it start with case interview which was the most exciting one!! it gave me glimpse of of wat i will be doing in zs!!

Interview Questions

• I personally didn't feel any difficult questions during the process the interviewer was very much friendly!! the questions were general in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salary is less but its a very good place to start your career with specifically for those who want to do MBA later on..

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

telephonic round is just a formality. Case study and behaviour round are important. Case study is usually based on warehousing concept. Technical round for experience person are easy.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles & Maths problems   1 Answer
    • SQL queries and logic in case study based on data warehouse   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary is fixed for freshers but for experienced they directly make an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Day 1:
    Call from job consultancy.
    Appeared AM-CAT

Day 2:
    CASE STUDY : Monitoring of Loyalty card program for big retail shop (logically easy but thoughtful process)
    BEHAVIORAL : logical and analytic questions mainly ... guess estimate and few technical
    PI: Same as behavioral round and situation based questions.

Day 3:
    Telephonic round with your Domain head
    Job Offer !!

The Interviewers are friendly, easygoing and will make you comfortable but for result after each round, you may have to wait long.
    Overall Great Experience !!

Interview Questions

• -Understanding the Case Study questions is most important.
      -Some logical questions are difficult   3 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiation was for Job Location

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

The Hiring Process for me started through a referral which took 4+ weeks to convert to a call, but after that the process was swift and effecient -

1) Written Round - 4 Sections -

Had technical Questions relating to SQL, DB and business context - Hard
    b. Behavioral Interview - with a Senior Consultant
    Math Puzzles, situation analysis and conversational - Medium
    c. Final Call - with the Principal of the Pune office
    It was a learning experience because the level of information i could extract from the interviewers was imense and helped in the later rounds.

Overall - The interview process is Hard - Very choosy about getting only the brightest graduates as associates.

Interview Questions

• Write SQL queries to show how a given table and report are populated and then optimize the table.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation on the fresher pay is not really a possibility but at senior levels, the negotiations would bear more on your pay