ZS Associates Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.4

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, but they ended up not doing on campus interviews due to not enough applicants. Ended up doing a phone interview which consisted of a case and a behavioral interview, both 30 minutes. Case interview included two scenarios in which you needed some basic economics in order to solve. Included things like optimization of profit, MR-MC = profit.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted by email by a recruiter four weeks later. We scheduled the interview for a specific time and the recruiter ended up calling a half hour late. The recruiters English skills and heavy accent made it very difficult to understand them. Recruiter asked no specific questions about my background and didn’t seem to have any specific knowledge about the position. Recruiter also wasn’t able to answer any questions about the Evanston IL office because they were located in California. Then to my surprise, the recruiter told me they would contact me by email shortly to set up an in-person interview. Within 24 hours I received an automated rejection email.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter in 2 days to schedule phone interview. Had a great phone interview and was told there would be a second interview. Sent a thank you email and no response regarding second interview. It was a negative experience because the recruiter raved about my experience and stated that I would be contacted for a second interview. Don't tell me I would be contacted for a second interview and then receive a rejection email weeks later. That is unprofessional and horrible recruiting.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Long process. Initial phone screen; a week later, came in for in-person interview that lasted 2-3 hours. The in-person interview was with two senior level admins and office manager. Was asked to take several tests requiring excel and lots of reading.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines?   Answer Question

Finance Specialist/Senior/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

This position doesn't exist they are just bringing people in to collect data points, they want you to bring in a pay stub before you interview. The reason I know this is when I was contacted by a outside recruiter about this role I told my family about it and they told me to run away. I inquired as to why and my sister told me that her co worker went and interviewed there for the same position and she said the interview went well the recruiter said they are going to throw her an offer and 2 days goes by they take it back. I decided to continue with the process becasue you never know I need to see it for myself. Well was I wrong. 2 part interview they bring you in to talk to one FP&A manager who handles the corporate FP&A side he is a extreme professional would have been nice to work for him. Than they invite you to meet another manager who handles most of the pricing. He was maybe one of the most unprofessional individuals I have met. Just some feedback don't swear in front of people it shows your level of maturity also please be on time don't stroll in with your coat and a cup of coffee. This pricing manager has you do this case study hence another data collection process Than last they invite you to meet the CFO. He will just fire off questions mostly behavioral type. Make a long story short I was forwarded an email by my recruiter saying they want to extend me an offer and they are waiting for HR. 15 minutes go by the hiring manager sends another email to my recruiter saying they changed their mind. I would be very cautious of this place if you look around on the job board sites notice how they are using multiple recruiting agencies to get people in.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience was bizarre. In February, I applied via LinkedIn for a position with the Chicago office and was contacted by one of their San Jose recruiters (with two other recruiters CC'ed). The recruiter requested that I provide availability to interview. I gave her a few openings. No response. I emailed again. Nothing. I sent a final email. Nothing.

That's very unprofessional. Fortunately, I'm not without interview opportunities at bigger, better, and clearly much more organized management consultancies.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an e-mail two weeks later regarding my phone interview. Phone interview included a case and behavioral interview, the case focusing on restructuring the sales team of a pharmaceutical firm. Second round interview was in Evanston, and included a more rigorous case interview (left me in a room for 40 minutes with a slide deck, then presented conclusions to an Associate). Second round interviews also included an analytical interview (market sizing), and a challenging behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you restructured a team, and dealt with conflict in the organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Stage Process, 1 Behavioral and 1 Case each half an hour on campus. If you get past that stage then they fly you out for a day of interviews including one or two behavioral, a mini case interview, and a long case interview. The case interviews are not in the style of management consulting in the sense of lots of market sizing, but more math heavy, so be prepared to do mental math.

Interview Questions

• You are given 4 locations to open a store, which metrics would you use and which location would be best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus, the first interviewer who cased me was a little odd, but after talking to him afterwards, he was just pressure testing me and seeing how I dealt with uncomfortable situations. The second part was a behavioral which was great and pretty normal questions all around.

The culture here is fantastic, everybody is smart, friendly and willing to help whenever they can. I chose the ZS offer over PWC, Deloitte and some others primarily because of the clear difference in their values.

Last round was at the office and again, everybody was genuinely interested in getting to know you. It was a tough process (2 cases, a behavioral, a demo and lunch), but they definitely look for and foster top talent.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical, for example, talk about a time you worked in a group.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked to complete a design assignment prior to the interview and review. The assignment was meant to take about two hours, however the document provided was multiple pages long giving the impression that the interviewer should come up with solutions to all problems listed. My advice would be to reduce the design assignment and be more specific with the deliverable you'd like to see. I did not have interest once I discussed the position in detail, and the feeling was mutual from their end. In this situation, a phone interview to start would have been better. However, the individuals I met with were very nice.