ZS Associates Decision Analytics Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Decision Analytics Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1.5hour interview split up into 3 sections. One behavioral, one structured case study, and one unstructured case study. Clean and simple. ZS only has one round and will determine whether or not you get an offer and get back to you within a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and was given an interview. The night before there was an information session and networking event. There were three back-to-back interviews including a behavioral, structured case, and unstructured case. The behavioral interview and the structured case were very straight-forward. Be sure to talk through your thought-process. I received my decision the same evening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific analytics-based project that you worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, but they ended up not doing on campus interviews due to not enough applicants. Ended up doing a phone interview which consisted of a case and a behavioral interview, both 30 minutes. Case interview included two scenarios in which you needed some basic economics in order to solve. Included things like optimization of profit, MR-MC = profit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and went to final round interviews at their offices in Evanston. There were 3 rounds of interviews, 30 minutes each. One behavioral, one case, and one analytic. The analytic one was essentially just a math focused case that was not very difficult. Behavioral was typical tell me about a time questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were a part of team that failed in reaching their objective.   Answer Question
    • Talk about how you structure your time management and how you prioritize tasks.   Answer Question
    • Talk about the most intensive and meaningful analytic experience / challenge you have had and what skills you learned from it.   Answer Question

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through university website. Had a one and only final round interview that lasted 90 minutes with 3 different parts. Consisted of one structured case, one unstructured case, and one behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Unstructured case was about programming elevators in a tall building   Answer Question

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I have to say, I've never experience disorganization like this before. Here is the series of events.

Day 0: Email from recruiter asking for times I have available to chat about role. Same day I respond back with some times available.
    Day 5: After not hearing back, I email recruiter to check in to see if recruiter received my email.
    Day 7: Recruiter final reaches back out to me via email and offers a time for us to chat. I decline the time and offer new time to chat, she declines and counters with a final chat time. I respond and accept time to chat.
    Day 8: Recruiter calls (not the time we agreed to chat). I miss the call then call back to leave voicemail and re-confirm our time we agreed on.
    Day 9: No call from the recruiter (time we agreed upon), so I email to schedule a new time to chat.
    Day 12: Another call from the recruiter who left a voicemail saying that we were scheduled to talk at this time (we were not scheduled). I missed the call, because I wasn't expecting it, and did not respond back.

At this point, I just gave up. Terrible experience. I was interested in the company but after this experience, I wasn't even motivated to reach out to another recruiter or anything. As a candidate, I felt extremely unimportant.

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had final interviews on campus. The process contained 2 case interviews and one behavioral interview. One case was less structured than the other and neither was too hard. Heard back within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

video interview following a HR screening call; Behavioral and Case Interviews (each will last thirty minutes). The video interview was with a webcam, so it was a two way video interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about yourself, Tell me about situation where you handled a difficult colleague   1 Answer
    • Case: provided me with prescription data & I had to make forecasts   1 Answer

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Did phone interview and case interview online. Phone was behavioral 30 min call with questions about managing stress, working efficiently, and how to work well within a team. The "technical" portion of the interview was a probably typical for a business student but not for someone that is trained in statistics/computer science. They had slides and you would answer questions about market share and predicting prices. Probably straightforward if you've taken a basic marketing class. Anyway, not your typical DS interview.

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through college/university. There was no first round interview, just a one-round final round interview. The final round consisted of 3, 30-minute interviews: 2 cases, 1 behavioral. There was not much communication at all throughout the process. I only found out the format and that it was a final round from a coffee chat the day before the actual interview.