ZS Associates Interview Questions in Evanston, IL | Glassdoor

3.5

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had on top of being a complete waste of time!

After 3 phone screens, I was called into their Evanston office for a 4++ hour interview process which included one of the easiest case studies I have ever seen and also a "coffee break".

Keep in mind, this "break" is NOT a break. It's more of the interview where they gauge your social behavior. Really?? I'm a professional and know how to act in public with colleagues. At one point, I even caught the 2 people interviewing me making faces at one another, and at that point, I checked out and didn't care for the role I was being insanely screened for.

This by far was the worst experience ever! Oh wait - I already mentioned that. But for all candidates looking to work here, know that this process is long, tedious and all behavioral based. Be prepared for the same questions over and over and over, just slightly reworded and for a "break" which isn't a break. This company needs to revamp their interview process and know ahead of time if a candidate will or will not fit into this clique-ish culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?
      Can you handle multiple things going on in a fast paced, ever changing environment?   Answer Question

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, but they ended up not doing on campus interviews due to not enough applicants. Ended up doing a phone interview which consisted of a case and a behavioral interview, both 30 minutes. Case interview included two scenarios in which you needed some basic economics in order to solve. Included things like optimization of profit, MR-MC = profit.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted by email by a recruiter four weeks later. We scheduled the interview for a specific time and the recruiter ended up calling a half hour late. The recruiters English skills and heavy accent made it very difficult to understand them. Recruiter asked no specific questions about my background and didn’t seem to have any specific knowledge about the position. Recruiter also wasn’t able to answer any questions about the Evanston IL office because they were located in California. Then to my surprise, the recruiter told me they would contact me by email shortly to set up an in-person interview. Within 24 hours I received an automated rejection email.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Long process. Initial phone screen; a week later, came in for in-person interview that lasted 2-3 hours. The in-person interview was with two senior level admins and office manager. Was asked to take several tests requiring excel and lots of reading.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines?   Answer Question

Finance Specialist/Senior/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

This position doesn't exist they are just bringing people in to collect data points, they want you to bring in a pay stub before you interview. The reason I know this is when I was contacted by a outside recruiter about this role I told my family about it and they told me to run away. I inquired as to why and my sister told me that her co worker went and interviewed there for the same position and she said the interview went well the recruiter said they are going to throw her an offer and 2 days goes by they take it back. I decided to continue with the process becasue you never know I need to see it for myself. Well was I wrong. 2 part interview they bring you in to talk to one FP&A manager who handles the corporate FP&A side he is a extreme professional would have been nice to work for him. Than they invite you to meet another manager who handles most of the pricing. He was maybe one of the most unprofessional individuals I have met. Just some feedback don't swear in front of people it shows your level of maturity also please be on time don't stroll in with your coat and a cup of coffee. This pricing manager has you do this case study hence another data collection process Than last they invite you to meet the CFO. He will just fire off questions mostly behavioral type. Make a long story short I was forwarded an email by my recruiter saying they want to extend me an offer and they are waiting for HR. 15 minutes go by the hiring manager sends another email to my recruiter saying they changed their mind. I would be very cautious of this place if you look around on the job board sites notice how they are using multiple recruiting agencies to get people in.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an e-mail two weeks later regarding my phone interview. Phone interview included a case and behavioral interview, the case focusing on restructuring the sales team of a pharmaceutical firm. Second round interview was in Evanston, and included a more rigorous case interview (left me in a room for 40 minutes with a slide deck, then presented conclusions to an Associate). Second round interviews also included an analytical interview (market sizing), and a challenging behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you restructured a team, and dealt with conflict in the organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus, the first interviewer who cased me was a little odd, but after talking to him afterwards, he was just pressure testing me and seeing how I dealt with uncomfortable situations. The second part was a behavioral which was great and pretty normal questions all around.

The culture here is fantastic, everybody is smart, friendly and willing to help whenever they can. I chose the ZS offer over PWC, Deloitte and some others primarily because of the clear difference in their values.

Last round was at the office and again, everybody was genuinely interested in getting to know you. It was a tough process (2 cases, a behavioral, a demo and lunch), but they definitely look for and foster top talent.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical, for example, talk about a time you worked in a group.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

Interview

I was asked to complete a design assignment prior to the interview and review. The assignment was meant to take about two hours, however the document provided was multiple pages long giving the impression that the interviewer should come up with solutions to all problems listed. My advice would be to reduce the design assignment and be more specific with the deliverable you'd like to see. I did not have interest once I discussed the position in detail, and the feeling was mutual from their end. In this situation, a phone interview to start would have been better. However, the individuals I met with were very nice.

Front Desk Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview the following week. The phone interview was pretty standard.. "why do you want to work for us?" "where did you hear about us" "describe your previous work experiences." The in-person interview consisted of meeting with a couple different people and a quiz. First, I met with two personal assistants to the consultants. They were really nice and just wanted me to ask questions. I wasn't expecting this and was really happy I came prepared with some questions, a few I made up on the spot. Then I took a quiz that tested my excel capabilities, spelling and what to do if you were to book traveling for someone. The excel portion was very easy, things like insert a row here, sort this based on income, sort alphabetically, turn these columns yellow. The spelling test was also basic and multiple choice, I thought it was funny of them to ask to spell "assistance" given the job title. Finally, I met with a blonde haired woman who seemed like a ball of energy. She was very nice, but also you wouldn't want to make her angry. Overall, a good interview but not something you can wing.

Interview Questions

• If you could create the perfect position for yourself right now, what would it look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Drawn out, but most likely depends on if you are applying on or off-cycle and from target or not. Received a negative "cut" e-mail from an automated system after second stage, but was contacted after saying thank you and asking for feedback from the HR rep, saying it was a mistake and they would like to move forward with a final interview. Final interview on a Friday, heard back with offer on Monday.

3 stage interview:

First Stage: Resume phone call screen
    Call with HR associate in order to go over the position, possible locations, and my personal fit with the position. Asked certain questions about my resume, and if I think I'd be a good fit for different responsibilities. Not an interview really, just a screening stage.

Second Stage: First round interview and case
    My first round interview was over the phone and internet, since I did not apply from a target school and applied off-cycle. Interview was standard behavioral questions for business positions. The case interview was over web-ex, which I would recommend ensuring is installed correctly before hand, as interviewers are generally on a very tight schedule. Case was standard marketing/sales questions, with a market sizing question and chart analysis section (given several charts with data and asked to give high-level takeaways and insights into the chart).

Final Stage: Final round interviews
    Full day at the office which I chose through the process. consisted of two behavioral, a brain teaser case section, an in-depth case worksheet and subsequent presentation with a manager, and a demo of typical project work. standard behavioral with a principal, which was great to have such a high-level contact. Brain teaser was fun and friendly, dealt with "what steps would you take in deciding where to open up a new Home Depot?" In depth case was 10 pages of 5 different questions, with quick math, market sizing breakdowns, chart reviews, and finally choosing where slaespeople should go based on a company's selection criteria and the salespeople's stats. Difficult, but not impossible if you work quickly and think about high level answers. I did not finish the case fully, but still received an offer.

Interview Questions

• "What steps would you take in deciding where to open a Home Depot?"
      "Given this information, which location is the best choice for opening a Home Depot?"   Answer Question