ZS Associates Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Intern Interview Questions

3.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applie through referral and had a first round fit + case online. I was then called in for a final day interview which consisted of demonstration interview, analytical interview, case, and behavioral.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. I submitted an application, a few days later received an interview invitation, and received an offer two days after the interview. There was only one round, with three separate 30 minute interviews. One was behavioral, one was a case, and one was strategic. The case was based on a series of charts and graphs about introducing a new product to market. It was fairly interviewer-led, with a series of questions related to each graph. The strategic interview was two parts—First part talked about an analytical project I did, second was over what to consider when finding a new store location. Also pretty interviewer led. The behavioral was probably the toughest, and included a lot of very specific "tell me about a time when..." questions. Come prepared with a large variety of stories.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to make a choice that others disagreed with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. I came in and did some paper work. I had a one on one with a guy who asked me a bunch of behavioral and situational questions. Then there was a 30 min case study, in which a guy walked me through a case. I thought it went fairly well, but I ended up not getting called back. Nice people though.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2015.

Interview

A telephonic interview of 1 hour.
    The forst 30 mins I was given a case with a problem, and asked to recommend suggestions and present it.
    The second was a behavioral round with a manager.
    He asked me typical questions:
    Why ZS Associates?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• Why ZS Associates?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      After which he went through my resume and asked a few question about my work experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. The first one was fit. I don't recall anything being too difficult there, but I remember it ended quite short of the 30 minute mark. The case was extremely hard. There were very confusing charts with weird numbers that I haven't seen before. The case was about introducing a new product and how to analyze the data for it. The interviewer was really nice and wanted me to get it right but I couldn't really get through it. Overall people seemed really nice at the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked to interpret numbers on a very difficult chart. Not simple profit/loss calculations but had concepts nestled inside other concepts.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I received a phone call to set up a time for an initial interview. While I offered to come in, the procedure dictated that the first interview be conducted over the phone, with a screen sharing program to relay information pertaining to the case (the basis of the interview).

Interview Questions

• The case was pretty straight forward, and my impression was that the interviewer was trying to gain an impression of general math skills. The most awkward part of the interview however, was using the screen share to conduct a case interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recruiting was done through the university career website. The first round interview consisted of twenty minutes of behavioral and fit questions. Then, you get switched to another interviewer for the case interview. Most people finish in about twenty or so minutes. If successful, you are called in for subsequent rounds at the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Pretty standard fit questions, and the case interview was about a new drug and whether or not to take it to market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of two rounds.

The first round, a phone screen, had two thirty-minute parts: a fit interview and then a technical/case interview consisting of diagrams and charts that the interviewer asks you to analyze and draw numerical conclusions from. Neither portion was particularly difficult.

Then, for the final round, there were a combination of fit and case interviews with a variety of people (who differ in seniority). The fit interviews were similar to the first round. The main case interview was a longer process in which I was left alone in the room to work through questions. Then, I later shared those answers to the interviewer with my explanations.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions ranged from basic fit questions (tell me about a time that you...) to analyzing sales team organization and drawing conclusions on which person would fit in what location based on the numbers they provided.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Round 1- One case interview and one behavioral interview. Interviews were conducted by managers and partners.
    Round 2- One case interview, one behavioral interview, and one written case presentation. The case and behavioral interview was conducted by partners. For the written case I was given a deck of about 30 slides and a problem statement. I had 45 minutes to go through the information and create a power-point presentation that presented my analysis and solutions. I then had a few minutes to present to two managers, followed by a questions.
    I interviewed on-campus for round 1 and in Evanston for round 2.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team
      Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging person   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

First round was two interviews one behavioral, one case. The case was extremely simple and the interviewer led the whole thing which doesn't leave much room to demonstrate your intelligence. The second round was 4 interviews and lunch. The second case was similar in format to the first but with more math where you had to create an equation to solve for a variable. I screwed up the math pretty badly but I guess I did well enough on the fit portion.

Interview Questions

• Case was about skin care company that wanted to a launch a new product   Answer Question

The fact that they still gave me an offer after I screwed up on the case seemed really fishy and was definitely a turn off. I ended up going with a better offer.