ZS Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.5

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

First round interview consisted of one case, one behavioral question. The case interview threw me off guard - it wasn't a typical open-ended case, but a series of questions that you can apply your business knowledge/intuition to. Shouldn't be too hard if you come in with the expectation that it isn't going to be an open-ended case.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you adopted an unpopular opinion in a group.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

First Round: On campus. Consisted of 30 min behavioral and 30 min case study. Nothing too intense, requires some basic business calculations and minor mental math. Behavioral questions are very basic.

Final Round: In office. About 5 hours long. One typical case where the interviewer gives walks you through slides and has you give insight and do basic mental math. Not much different than first round case. One case where you're given 45 minutes to read materials and prepare a mock deck (just writing on blank slide templates and using given graphs). I was told a short presentation but when it came time to present the interviewer said it typically lasted 20 min, while mine was maybe 8min. From there I had a demo of their work, Finally I had a behavioral with a Principal that was quite tough. Be ready to answer some tough questions about experiences. Not much company info needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made the right decision when it wasn't necessarily the popular one   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Stage Process, 1 Behavioral and 1 Case each half an hour on campus. If you get past that stage then they fly you out for a day of interviews including one or two behavioral, a mini case interview, and a long case interview. The case interviews are not in the style of management consulting in the sense of lots of market sizing, but more math heavy, so be prepared to do mental math.

Interview Questions

• You are given 4 locations to open a store, which metrics would you use and which location would be best?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

Interview

1st round consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. Case interview was lead by the interviewer walking through slides of data. Interviewee is asked to interpret data and notice trends. Really doesn’t require much preparation beforehand. Biggest questions involve coming up with ways to fix errors in data input (example answer would be to develop a system in excel that looks for data outliers, or data entries that are above a certain threshold, and flag them for review). Behavioral interview consists of normal questions – many of them having to do with how you have participated in and had challenges in group settings. Final round interview was on site at the closest ZS office. The interview day was 5 hours long and consisted of 5 parts. (1) a behavioral interview (2) a case interview much like the one that was presented during the first round (3) a more in depth case analysis where the interviewee is given 30 minutes to interpret a case alone and then 30 minutes to present to interviewer (4) a demonstration by a current associate (5) informal lunch with an associate. Case interviews don’t require preparation beforehand. Again, not really a way to prepare for the case interviews. Overall great company and great impression.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus, the first interviewer who cased me was a little odd, but after talking to him afterwards, he was just pressure testing me and seeing how I dealt with uncomfortable situations. The second part was a behavioral which was great and pretty normal questions all around.

The culture here is fantastic, everybody is smart, friendly and willing to help whenever they can. I chose the ZS offer over PWC, Deloitte and some others primarily because of the clear difference in their values.

Last round was at the office and again, everybody was genuinely interested in getting to know you. It was a tough process (2 cases, a behavioral, a demo and lunch), but they definitely look for and foster top talent.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical, for example, talk about a time you worked in a group.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I went through a recruiter, so they set up my phone interview. Afterwards, I was asked to prepare a theoretical case study presentation to show over a web conference application for the second round. For the third round I met with a panel in-office and was asked to prepare a presentation on my previous work. The interview process was time consuming but the interviewers were extremely helpful through the entire thing and I learned a lot about the business along the way.

Interview Questions

• How can your previous work be applied in this job position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates in November 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume to a campus recruiter and she responded by giving me an interview. Two 30 min interviews; one case one behavioral. Not too difficult but be clear on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had an overwhelming workload and how did you manage it.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

First round: 30 min case consisting of interviewer screen-sharing a presentation and asking for insights from some slides. Another 30 minutes of behavioral questions based on resume.

Final round: "Unstructured" interview consisted of walking through slide deck with interviewer and drawing insights, similar to first round; "structured" interview consisted of working through several pages of data and answering a few questions on your own, and then walking through it all with interviewer; brief meeting with current Associate who walks you through a current project he/she's on; a lunch with another current Associate; a fit interview with a principal/partner who asks basic resume questions

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you made an ethical decision that was difficult?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds
    1st round - quant and qual interview - case study and "get to know me"
    2nd round - get to know me with a principle + 3 case studies- pretty easy
    take you to lunch with an associate for more opportuntities to learn about the culture
    they also give you an office tour

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The recruiter had strong communication throughout the entire process and I felt well supported when I had to reschedule the final round. The people who interviewed me were altogether very non-intimidating and wanted to help me do as well as possible. The first round was a typical 30min behavioral and 30min case on campus. The final round was in the main office and it was 5 hours of a behavioral, formal case (left along in a room with packet of info to prepare and give a powerpoint presentation), company demo, case, and a lunch with junior employees.

Interview Questions

• If you could only viably complete 3 tasks by the end of the day and your supervisor gives you a 4th task that needs to be completed by the end of the day, what would you do?   1 Answer