ZS Associates Interview Questions in Pune, India | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

3.5

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)).

Interview

2 rounds for the interview. First round was basic round with a Manager and the second round was with technical panel.
    The interview happened on Phone and 2nd round happened in-person. They look for a positive attitude and logical capabilities of the candidate. They also try to judge you on the basis of overall business acumen rather than few technical questions.

Software Engineering Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial Telephonic screening, followed by case study, then interview on case study solution, after that another case study and then interview on case study solution. This was followed by Panel Presentation, which went well as per my perception, but somehow the feedback was negative. I think they were looking for low level details which neither I expected in a panel presentation nor those details were handy with me, however I think I had already demonstrated my architecture & design capabilities in case study rounds.

I might get a detailed feedback as that will help me to prepare better for other interviews. Overall a good experience, nice people, particularly Manmohan Singh Bisht, one of the best recruiters I have come across, very professional till the last moment even after I wasn't selected.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts with a given case study. You have to basically find solutions for the problems mentioned. Then your first interview is based on these case studies only. After the case study they select for a behavoiral interview. The most pathetic thing about ZS interviews is that if they found their ideal candidate in first 10-15 interviews then they won't even bother to take your interview. Then it's just for the sake of formality they'll take your interview and they definitely won't take you to the next round. Never seen such policies in interviews before. Most worthless interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Which database you used in your projects? And queries on JOINS, TRIGGERS ,VIEWS.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Qualified for the interview rounds after clearing the Aptitude Test of moderate difficulty (Time wasn't enough)

Taken to Pune office from Mumbai for interviews.
    Had a case discussion which wasn't supposed to be an elimination but 2 out of 8 ( including me) weren't cleared.

Extremely disappointed as they gave us false hopes for hours that our interview would be conducted but they eventually did not do so. Would not have had a problem getting rejected if they would've told us that earlier.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

4 round 1) telephonic interview 2) Written test 3) F2F interview 4) HR round... telephonic interview was good ...after that they me for written test which consist if (1) draw ER based on some scenario (2) write algo to find intersection point of 2 overlapping window ( what will be out put of two rectangle which is overlapping to each other) .....once you done with it , there will be technical round based on written test.

Interview Questions

• 1) Which latest feature you have used in your project (as i said we have installed latest framework 4.5 on our server) 2) Some question on interface and abstract class 3) how interface helps in developing loosely coupled system 4) Isolation level in SQL 5) if multiple threads are running in your console application , if one of the thread gets exception then how you will rollback other threads 6) Given one string ..find all combinations of palindrome in given string . 7) SQL query based on Group by. 8) Write down program to swap two number , once your write ... they will ask to write generalized program to implement it ( use generic ) 9) when to VAR ....That all i can remember :-)   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

aptitude round followed by
    case study interview which was scheduled for next day and it was followed by
    hr interview where some high authority of company was there for the process.

Business Technology Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through campus placement. Aptitude was a trial in patience. They had the usual quant logical and English sections, along with data interpretation and questions like attention to detail, where you had to count the number of t's in the sentence.
    This was followed by case study, where we had a pretty tough problem. We had 20 minutes to think about the problem then talk to interviewer. Here they don't really expect you to solve the problem. You should just be prepared with a couple sql queries to remove redundancy and you'll be fine. They just want to see your thinking process.
    Next round is one where they ask you puzzles and some simple tech questions. if you get through this you're practically done.
    HR is a formality, but you might get eliminated if you don't have aggregate distinction and there are many candidates who do.

Business Technology Associate Interview

Application

Interview

rounds are APTITUDE ,CASE STUDY,TECHNICAL/BEHAVOURAL,HR.
    1) Aptitude is pretty basic.there is sectional cuttoff.so try to clear all sections
    2)Case Study:you will be given a case to study and then solve SQL queries related to case
    3)Technical: puzzle questions are asked,and then sql questions .questions about project and little from data structures mainly arrays.
    4)HR : i didn't give this round.i was selected on the basis of previous round.but general questions were asked to my friends like why ZS,interests, more puzzles etc

Interview Questions

• questions on arrays because i said my data structures were good.
      how to remove duplicates from arrays ,puzzles : 2 eggs 100 floors question, cut cake in 8 equal pieces in 3 slice etc
      1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online direct through zs website. Actually I applied for some other position but I got shortlisted for technology analyst . I think it's because while applying I tick marked on the option which says that they will contact you for other openings also if you fit into thr criteria. There were 3 rounds happened . First was online test by aspiring minds . Second was case study with case interview. And last was behevioural interview. First 2 rounds are very important as they are elimination rounds. But one thing is if you clear case interview round then you are almost selected. In first round online test consist of 4 sections . Each was if 15-20 min and consist of 15-20 questions . No negative marking but u can't skip any question or go back . So u have to answer each question in very less time . So manage ur time and try to solve as much as possible. Every section has some criteria like out of 15 question you must answer at lest 10. So be fast n correct. Exam contains verbal, quant, English and analytical skills . After this exam , 7 days later , I got call from hr that I cleared first round and they called me for f2f interview. They provided everything like flight tickets , cab assistance, stay in hotel and food also. Some of my friend has to face the telephononic interview also after 1st online round. Luckily I was called for direct f2f interview. They have only 2 office Delhi and pune . I went to Pune. Thr was 2 round remaining. In second round they gave one case study in which they gave some charts and data like table data . Sql table kind of data. We have to analyse the data and answer questions asked below that data. You have to give logic to all your answers . U will get 40 min max to analyse and give answer. After this 40 min case study u have to face case interviewer who will tell you to explain your all answers. My this interview last for 45 min. As they will ask you all the things u wrote in paper . If you know sql then they will ask you about sql or they will ask only logic. As I said I lost touch with sql so he did not ask me anything technical. Only logic. No need of calculations and all . U just have to say how you came to ur answers . 90% they won't see ur answer whether it is right or wrong but they do force on optimal logic. They even ask you the other ways also. This round went well for me as I explained all logic behind my answers and I made him busy with my explainations. So that round got over and I cleared it. Then in third round , behevioural round, they asked me all from my resume. About my current job and all. I had only 6 month of experience as I got campus placement. After resume they asked me some puzzles like 2 gallon and water and u have to major some quantity of water and all. Another if some train and distance speed related. I answered correctly so they moved to guesstimations questions. Like number of cricket ball in the room . Number of street lights in pune. they just see ur approach . No need of correct answer . Even interviewer directly told me that she also don't know the answer and asked me to give some rough figure. They will give you much time to think and calculations. They just see how you cut down all factors and come to the answers. Lastly she asked me my best quality and my worst quality . I answered well and that's set. They immediately arranged cab for me to the airport as I got late. Normally they announce result on same day but due to unavailability of interviewers all process got delayed and they communicated result on the next day. I got selected.

Interview Questions

• How many number of cricket ball fit in this room?? Then after answering she added how many cubes of same diameter as ball will fit in this room?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't have CTC pattern , they have gross salary pattern. Before negotiating ask for all the salary elements and other facilities. Then only tell them your expectations.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard HR phone screen followed by 2 telephonic interviews with cross functional team members. The next step would have been on site interviews with the team and hiring personnel but did not get to that stage. Also had to complete online aptitude quiz and 2 case studies. Overall the process was good and the folks spoke with were nice. Case studies and quiz were very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a personal experience in the past that I learnt from.   Answer Question