ZS Associates Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

3.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the campus job board. A couple of weeks later I was invited to a one-hour on-campus interview split into two parts. The first part was a behavioral interview and the interviewer could not have been nicer (typical questions). The second part was a case question and the interviewer seemed pretty bored which was a little offputting, but pretty understanding (helped me clear up misconceptions about the case). I had originally thought this was a technical role (why I don't even know) and I had no prior experience in consulting so the case was pretty rough for me and I was surprised I even made it to final round. I was then invited to an onsite interview (about half of the applicants from the first round). Everyone was extremely friendly and professional and the office is beautiful. One of the employees I talked to said they invite around 40 students to interview, of which about 20 get to the final round, and from there, they take about 5 interns. They take you to lunch with a junior consultant (who had graduated from my university) and another interviewee so you have a lot of common ground and I thought it was a nice touch. In one of the interviews, they have a principal interview you and the interview consists of many leadership questions. Although most of my other interviews had gone well, most of my experience is technical and I have little leadership experience and at this point I sort of knew that this role wasn't a good fit for me and I didn't have a large chance of getting the role. Throughout the whole process the recruiter was also very cheerful and enthusiastic!

Interview Questions

• What is one time you lead a project that lasted several weeks or months?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds
    1st round - quant and qual interview - case study and "get to know me"
    2nd round - get to know me with a principle + 3 case studies- pretty easy
    take you to lunch with an associate for more opportuntities to learn about the culture
    they also give you an office tour

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. 2 30 minute phone interviews with Associate Principal and consultant (1 behavioral, 1 case study)
    3. Final onsite interview- 4 interviews (30 minute behavioral with Principal, 40 minute Analytic with Manager, 40 minute demo of project work with Consultant, 40 minute case with 40 minutes of prep)
    Not a typical case study interview, difficult to prepare for, just need to be smart and think on your feet.

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied online on their website and got a call for a screening interview with the HR.
    ---the screening process was straightforward from the resume and they just wanted to check if my resume matches the requirement that they have

After a few days i got a call for a first round interview

----this interview was two part telephonic and thru webex

the telephonice round was all behavioral (you can note down the questions asked in this forum to be well prepared for it

the second part was on webex where they give you a case, it was not technical but they wanted basic sql knowledge as normalization and how would u better the data they have provided. it was straightforward.

then i got a call for an onsite interview in San mateo

---it consisted of 3 interviews

Analytical-- it is based on your resume but its more detailed and they want to know how your experience matches with the opening they have....they dive deep into your resume to see if you have that experience they are looking for, so prepare your resume well

the second interview was with a principle and was behavioral( again make a note of all the questions mentioned here they ask from the same lot of questions)

after that i had a lunch with an employee this was casual but you should show your interest about the company and ask a lot of questions.

After that was the main case interview which lasted for 45 mins, they first give you a case and let you go through it for the first 15 mins and then a consultant comes in and asks you questions on that.

tip- learn KPI's for every domain and how would you build reports which will be helpful for the managers to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where the popular decision and the right decision were diffrent and how did you go about it   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Professional, thorough, and standard interviewing process including many quick 30 to 45 minutes interviews over the phone. Knowledgable HR staff about the company and fully answer all my questions about the position

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview follow by a mock interview and research case study   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First Round-2 interviews back to back.
    1. Walk through case interview. You walk through a case provided by ZS and walkthrough the interviewer the solutions. Presented usually with guiding questions and relevant calculations, different from abstract consulting case studies
    2. Behavioral interview and over looking resume

Final Round
    1. All day event at the office. A portion to work on a case and then present it back to the interviewer. Another behavioral with some abstract questions/market sizing. A presentation of slide and ZS work method given by another interviewer.

Business Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First on campus, half hour behavioral, half hour case. Friendly people (consulting manager for behavioral, consultant for case).

Invited to interview on site in san mateo. Whole day process. Lunch with an associate, "demo" with associate where she showed me a sample deliverable (real slides) and explained what the job is like, unstructured case with a higher up manager, just described some of the things I would do to help her find a certain market size. Next, behavioral with a principal ~45 minutes. Really nice people all around. Finished off with a structured case with an associate. Was given 45 minutes to read some slides and prepare, then 30 minutes to talk about it with the associate and he helped me through some parts and asked lots of questions to see how I think.

Overall exhausting process, but rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when the right thing wasn't the popular thing, and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Business Associate Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through university. First round was two easy 30-min interviews, one behavioral and one case. Final round was on-site and consisted of 5 30-min interviews: behavioral, case presentation by an associate, unstructured case, structured case (40 min alone to work & 40 min to present to an associate). Communication was great throughout the process. Received a response 2 days after my first round and 1 week after my final round. Everyone was very nice and supportive through the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions for behavioral portion. They are interested in your reasoning for the case portion. Make sure you know and are able to express why you want to work in consulting and pharma.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

ZS Associates called about 2-3 months after applying to the company online. There were two phone interviews and a final interview (about four hours) at the office. The on-site interview I spoke with about six employees, all asked about 4-5 questions and one case study interview. I had a positive experience and everyone in the company that I spoke with was fairly friendly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all behavioral questions. How you deal with change/ambiguity, how you would respond in a stressful situation. Most questions wanted examples from a current or previous job.   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed for 10 minutes and they decided to bring me on. From there I was brought on and started work the next day. No orientation. No introduction to employees. Not even a desk. I had to sit at a card table. Not very comfortable and very degrading. Have a set up desk when an employee starts.