ZS Associates Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Summer Associate Interview Questions

3.5

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I applied through university and had an on campus interview. There were three interviewers. The first half hour was with 1 and the second half hour was with 2. Both asked multiple brainteasers, followed by a case.

Interview Questions

• The brainteasers were hard, one was about turning off and on lights.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

The first round interview was very typical of what I would expect for a consulting firm. There were two half-hour interviews, one behavioral and one case-based. The case interview was significantly less quantitative than I expected though. What I noticed most though was that the two interviewers were very friendly, supportive, and open. I figured ZS had sent their happiest people to recruit at my school. I was right.
    The final round at one of their offices was a very different experience. I had four interviews, an individual presentation, and a lunch. Here, nearly everyone I met was open about their experiences at ZS, and none of what I heard was good. I was told that it was quite a grind, and everyone who talked about how ZS was very stingy compared to other firms when it came to expenses. The people I met there really seemed bored with their jobs, and weren't the most engaging I had met.
    Three of the interviews I had were behavioral/fit, and one was a highly quantitative written case. This was very different from what I expected, as most firms prefer a back-and-forth discussion.
    The best thing I can say about ZS's final round interview process is that the feedback was great. When I was called and told I didn't get the internship, the interviewer told me exactly what I had done well and what I had done poorly. Had I decided to apply again for a full-time position, this really would have helped me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to face a decision between what was right and what would help you.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Initially applied for the business associate position but was moved to the business analytics associate position b/c they think my background fits better in BAA. Got contacted through campus recruiting. Had 2 back to back 1 hr interview from 2 consultants. All pharmaceutical cases and had heavy emphasize on data analysis.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the accumulative revenue? How would the graph look like if you did it on excel spreadsheet.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2008.

Interview

Great people, smaller firm. communicated via email/phone. 2nd rd interviews are fit and cases. Fit is generally with a Partner. Cases are with a manager. Also, there is a conversation with an analyst level professional where he/she describes the job. Finally, there is a written test on which requires some quantitative analysis