ZS Associates Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ZS Associates

3.4

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Very friendly and logical interview process. Had 3 1 hour interviews on the phone including HR followed by on site interviews for a whole day. Process was smooth without any hitches.

Interview Questions

• Asked to complete puzzles and a case study as well as behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2014.

Interview

Case study is pretty logical.They are looking for the approach and problem solving skills. 3-4 rounds of interviews after written exam. First round is case study, second 1:1 interview with a team member, Next would be with office principal which is the final round.

Interview Questions

• How are you suitable for the company? puzzle type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Case study: given a problem you have develop a dbms with best practices. Once done there is section for improvements in existing design. Expect few technical questions on the same.

Technical round: Normal intro followed by few questions on resume. Prepare java very well. Since I had SQL experience he asked Java questions mentioning i already good in SQL. Expect design questions. Puzzles. Only mention things on resume which you are good at. This round was very good. Lasted for an hour. Many questions on programming and design aspects.

Hiring Manager: H.R told my rating are excellent so far, be very clear in front of manager. Think before you say anything.
    In this round you can expect questions on resume. I mentioned about ML but I hardly had started. That's something he did not like I believe. He pointed out 2-3 mistakes in resume. He asked some SQL questions and Dataware housing. I answered most of them but I was not confident talking to him as HR told he is strict. In some areas i failed to answer but still he was gave positive feedback saying profile is good. He was very friendly was talking like a friend but that might be to dig into your background. Be clear what you would say.

I was told that I will be informed in a week of 2 as there other candidates for interview as well. I did try to follow up but unfortunately nobody replied. They completely ignored my mails.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

There was an online test which held on our campus in which some aptitude questions,verbal and non verbal reasoning, logical reasoning and basic technical questions were asked. After that a video round happened in which some behavioral questions ,guesstimates and technical questions were asked. After that on the day of interview there were three rounds:-
    1)Case Study Round
    2)Behavioural Interview
    3)Case study related interview

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral Questions.
      Tell me something about yourself
      Ur hobbies and interests etc.
      Some Puzzles and guesstimates etc.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

1) Aptitude Test (Day 01)
    2) Case Study (Day 02)
    3) Tech/Behavioral Rounds (Both at a time or one at a time - Day 03)

I can say One of the best interviews I ever attended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a good process, well managed. Firstly, I had an online test where there were two parts - both technical and a mix of logical, quantitative and English. Then after clearing the online, I was called onsite for face to face. Firstly, we were given a case study (SQL) to solve in 30 minutes after which we were called to have a face to face with the interviewer. Then we were asked to explain how we solved the case in detail and were asked a bit about SQL queries and Puzzles. After that, there were two more rounds. One more technical where we were grilled on technologies mentioned in our resume and followed by a HR round.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process (on Campus):
    1. AMCAT MCQs ( Easy but take your time and don't rush into the answers. There is a section containing questions which are very easy but you have to ensure no silly mistakes are made).
    2. Case Study round. ( You'll be given a case study and you have to read/analyse it in 30 mins. Typically 30 pages case study. Case study is full of tables)
    3. Interview on case study: Here, you'll be asked to check the understanding and to check your thought process. Expect some questions on joins and SQL.
    4. Final Interview : Common questions on your college project. Some very easy programming questions like how to find second largest number in O(n) and SQL. Some questions like 'How many petrol pumps are there in pune'. Here the interviewer wants to check your approach towards problem solving.

Good Luck!!

Interview Questions

• 1.Find second largest number in linked list?
      2. Questions on SQL joins
      3. Questions on my past projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, since college interview. Also, this is my first job so had no idea.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (Brazil)) in July 2017.

Interview

Ist Round (1.15 hr)

First round comprised of basic aptitude and logical questions which includes Quantitative, logical, data interpretations,verbal,Basic Coding Question (in my case it was predict the output most of the questions were about the loops.)

130 out of 900 students were shortlisted after this round.

IInd Round (30 mins)

Second Round was a video Interview.
    We were given a mock link to practice for video Interview on a platform named TALVIEW (believe me it’s not that easy).
    You must have a good command on your English, knowledge and Confidence (in brief I can say it was kind of a HR round).Most of the question were about yourself and situation based questions .Some questions were related to Database (SQL Joins).

Questions
    1. If you were an animal which one would you be?
    2. If your group members left you in the middle of your project and deadline is near. What would you do?
    3. What makes you people Like/dislike you?
    4. If you have billions of data what would you do to keep data safe and secure? (Database logic)

Etc...

After this round 35 students were selected out of 130.

IIIrd Round (45 mins Case Study + 35 mins Behavioral Interview)

Third Round was a case Study.
    We were given 10 pages in which there was a case of a company and its data like records of their customers and sales in table format. Also there were given three sections which comprises of 3 questions each. Most of the questions were about the database. (If you want to know the questions you can refer any case study from Google)

As I completed the case study I was taken to the interviewer for behavioral Interview

This interview was in continuation with Case Study Round

The interviewer was already having my resume, when I entered he asked me "tell me about yourself" (gave in brief - don't make it too long).
    After that he asked me about my answers in case Study and wanted to know how I came to it and what’s my logic behind the answer (not the answer).
    The interviewer will not check your knowledge about SQl rather he will check your logical thinking ability.

This interview lasted for 30-35 min.

IVth Round (1.30 hr)

This round was the last round.
    I would say this round was both HR and Technical.
    Firstly the interviewer asked me the entire thing I wrote in my resume (believe me write that much only that you really know).

He asked me my favorite subjects, my answer was database and data Structures
    So he asked me questions related to these topics

Ex:

1. I was given 2 queries and I have to tell what will be the difference in output?
    ​Query 1: A join B join C
    ​Query 2: A join C join B
    2. List the topics you have learned under data structures?
    3. Questions on every topic that I listed in above question?
    4. What do you mean by dynamic Programming?
    5. Write program for Fibonacci using Dynamic programming?
    6. Write the same program without using recursion?
    7. One aptitude question: A car travelling from Paris to Amsterdam, it travels half the journey with 120Kmph and other half with 80kmph
    What is the average speed for the total journey? (I used Harmonic mean Formula)
    8. Lots of questions related to resume! (Be honest and polite).

This interview was the deciding part, 8 students were shortlisted finally (luckily I was one of them).

Tips:

1. be confident and have good command on your language.
    2. be honest in your resume.
    3. Look straight into the eyes of interviewer.
    4. If you don't know the answer simply say “Sorry, I don’t know ".
    5. Must have basic knowledge of sql and database.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview had overall 4 rounds.The first round was aptitude ,verbal,data interpretation and logical reasoning round.Thr second was video interview.Third was case study and fourt and the last was HR plus technical and some puzzles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

First round is aptitude followed by video interview.Second round consists of case study and interview.Aptitude test for TA consists of 70 questions and time constraint is of 90 minutes.There are six sections 1)LR 2)Quant 3)Verbal 4)Data interpretation 5)Technical
    Sectional cutoff is considered and there is no negative marking.