Zales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zales Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zales.

Interview

Easy not many questions got called with in a week i had to take a test on line the test was very easy the interview is a breeze if younuse common sense

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zales.

Interview

Long questions unprofessional interviewer
    Don't car about your profile they keep asking about how are you going to bringing customer to the store and how are you going to do to let people go

Not the place for a good people

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zales (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is very simple in my opinion. Of course they want to see if you're driven, willing to learn, focused on your monthly goals and there are several of them. You are not going to last if you're not productive, as with any company I believe.
    Best advice I can give you, be personable, try to connect with the clients, smile a lot and leave lasting impression. Don't only think about the sale but customer service as well. Nowadays customers call corporate and complain for little things and I found it unfair. But personality goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• What did you find most challenging in your previous job?   1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zales (Southlake, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Awful. Didn't know anything about interviewing. Used the F word as a comma. Said they were only looking for seasonal however, one of the first questions was if I was wanting full time or part time. Their job ad said FT & PT were offered.

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zales in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the manager in a backroom that served both as her office, a storage room, and the break room with a restroom. I would have expected that we would talk in the bookstore coffee shop next door.

The interview itself was pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary. I only had two real issues. One was that there was no specifics about the job given. I have no idea if I was applying for a full time seasonal position or a temporary part-time position. Availability was not even broached. The second was that I asked for a decision timeline and was told that they would call me regardless as soon as they decided. It has been over a month, so I am guessing that they lost my number.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about "apps"? (credit card applications)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zales (Houma, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

The managers were very sweet, have gone through two so far, last one will be a phone interview with the regional manager. I interviewed with the store manager and then her co manager of Gordon's. It has been a whole month since my first interview, but a lot of that has to do with trying to get the regional in town, which is why we are going to do the phone interview instead.

Interview Questions

• The first two interviews are very basic "get to know you" type interviews, they asked work history, if you're comfortable soliciting credit and so on.   Answer Question

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zales in July 2016.

Interview

Three interviews. two phone interviews one in person. I have to do thirty words but I don't even have anything good to say about this company. I have nothing but bad things to say about this company. Management will glorify the job during the interview process but it is actually one of the worst retail places to work for.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zales (Portland, OR).

Interview

I knew the DM from previous work asked me questions about my comfort level of keeping people accountable, He knew my skill level of business acumen from previously working with him in another Jewelry company in the same market

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zales in March 2016.

Interview

I showed up 30 minutes early and the interview lasted 2 hours. It was one of the best interviews I have ever been to. And I really impressed the store manager. It was very easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple. I was told right off the bat I'd be making more than what I'm making at my primary job. And I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Zales (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interviewed by Dan who seemed super busy and he was intimidating and seemed like he didnt want to interview me but the questions where easy He conducted the interview in spanish but it was simple

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a angry customer how did you handle it?   Answer Question