Zara Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

In other words, you must have completed all of the other steps in the hiring process in order to get the most out of the interview process. Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zara

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

A group of at least 25 ppl signed the app in a room and was interviewed one by one . Interview mustve lasted 5 mins . It was pretty relaxed . The women was very nice . I was hired on the spot .

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward. Why zara ? What postion you would like and why ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. When they open new stores they hire in big groups. Asked us questions as we went along in a group. It was fairly easy. Just talk about Inditex and you will get it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zara   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I went in the store and dropped off my resume. I had a lot of retail experience previously-(although its not required and plenty of people who worked there didn't have any).

They just asked me when I could work next and hired me on the spot. I got hired as a cashier so I exclusively rang people up all day. I did not help in maintaining the store.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then Human Resources emailed me for a group interview which took place at their corporate location on 5th avenue. Once I attended the interview they inform me that in 2 hours they will email the candidates who fit the job description. 30 minutes later I received a email to come in the following day to meet store managers, complete paper work, and watch a video introduction of Zara.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Zara?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

it was an open interview at the mall the store had not opened yet and i think they just need help opening the mall. I was interview by the district manager and corporate official. They were very nice and I got the call the same day.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for zara?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to their open house to submit my resume/meet the head cashier and was called back for an interview a few days later. I got the job immediately after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Miami Beach, FL).

Interview

saw an announcement on Craigslist about a hiring/interviewing day -- I was interviewed with 4 other people with the manager. Basic questions about resume and experience. I got called the same day. It helps if you're young or are fashionable/trendy. I dressed in all black [similar to the Zara employee uniform] and I was very friendly. This was also my first job and they hired me and not the other 4 people I interviewed with who had experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$9/hr to start -- then within one month they add store commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for a cashier or sales associate online for zara. Four days late I got an email inviting me for a group interview. It was pretty intimidating, everyone was dresses professionaly and there were around 20 people applying. The question where "what is the difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?" "What do you like about zara" "what are the qualities a cashier should have?". After the group interview, I got a call that night telling me I had the second interview the next day, it was me and two other people. I had the interview and the manager basically went through my employment history. Later she told me she'll give me a call if I ve been sucessful but I haven't received anything yet. But it was a pretty easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zara (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Zara is hiring for two weeks for their new store opening (their location in the mall right now is temporary) but the first week it was in the hotel connected to the mall and the second in their store. I went to the hotel and I was actually the only one there. The person doing the interviewing process had me fill out an application and then had me sit down while she talked on the phone and did some work on the computer. After she finished she came, looked over my resume and cover letter, and then interviewed me on the spot. I interviewed for both the Stock Associate and/or Cashier position but I sold the Cashier position more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but I was told that I would not be receiving the commission bonus until the new store would be open.