Zara Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zara Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Zara

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Lynnwood, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

There’s a stall in the mall since this Zara is not yet open to the public. I initially applied at the Inditex website and got an email that they were doing interviews. They were very nice people always smiling and didn’t put any pressure on me to answer the questions immediately. It was almost as if I wasn’t in an interview!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zara

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zara (Bellevue, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Basically a conversation between the manager and I. They asked me a series of questions and I answered to the best of my ability. Most questions asked were about me. One question that startled me was "What I knew about the store?"

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online. And 2days later they sent me an email for hiring event in manhattan. I went there the admin gave me a form to fill up. It’s a group interview we’re 4 applicant in a room with a round table . The hr who interviewed us was very nice guy. It took only 6mins for the interview. Then today they emailed me for orientation tomorrow

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in a retail store ?
      What did you see or notice when you went in Zara ?
      What’s your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (Garden City, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

a phone call to interview at a short notice, the manager was very nice and some basic questions and availability and she told me to bring my documents for paperwork, I am hired.

Interview Questions

• how would you address a customer if its a busy day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online.
    Two days later I got an email with a time and place for a group interview.

I wore mostly black.

The group interview started with asking what we knew about Zara, watching a short promo video, then asking about what we saw in the video. After all that they asked us to introduce ourselves, availability, why Zara?, past experience, etc.

The whole thing was very basic and easy. Just make sure you do your research about Zara, their parent company (Inditex), and their various other brands (Massimo Dutti etc.).

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zara (Aventura, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was simple and quick. You have two interviews, but at this location, i'd advise to keep calling because they're unorganized. They lost my job application 3 times which is why it took two months for me to get two interviews when it should have only taken a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about our company? Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in a year? What is your availability? How can you benefit us if we were deciding between you and someone else with the same exact resume/experience? Do you speak any other languages?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The manager asks 3-4 questions in regards to your customer service skills and previous employer. Interview took generally 10 minutes. Began working about a month after being hired. Love it!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zara (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed and received a phone call 3 days late about an interview. I went in for the interview 3 days later. The interviewer was really nice and open with his experience when he first started out at Zara. The interview lasted for about 15-20 minutes and a few hours later I got a call about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Zara?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How would you handle a situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

It wasn't bad. The manager takes you outside of the store and asks you pretty basic retail oriented questions. As long as you've done some initial review of the brand or are familiar enough with clothing retail, you'll be fine. I highly recommend doing a cursory glance at both the Zara and Inditex websites. You don't have to memorize anything, but the manager may ask you how you think Zara's fashion would fit into your personal style.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for?

Why do you want to work for Zara?

What interests you about the brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was strange. We were told to go to the corporate location, once there we had to sign in and give the receptionist our resumes. Each candidate was asked into a small cubical one at a time for the first round of interviews. If you were asked to stay, you made it to the second round. There was then a 'group' style interview where 3 of us went into a larger room and they asked us why we love Zara separately. We then received a call back by the end of the day (if you didn't get a call you didn't make it through to the next round) to come back to the corporate office the next day. We were all brought into a room and offered our positions as a group.