Zara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zara Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and basic, they asked questions about yourself and your experience and also whats your availability. It wasn't long at all, there was a lot of people there to get interviewed. They didn't ask hard questions at all. very simple and basic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for Zara?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I initially called the store just to see if they were hiring. Im a student and was in the market for a part time job. Whomever picked up said yes and that I must pick up the application instore. Went in on a Thursday filled out the application. Personally handed it to the manager. They looked over it at that moment and I was asked to come in the following Monday. Went in on a Monday for the interview. I was taken to the stock room and was interviewed by two managers. One was observing more than anything. Later on that same day was called about the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed. Was offered more than the minimum plus commission.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (Yonkers, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical Open House jargon. Fill out paper work. Talk the manager. Then once you get the job offer and fill out the paperwork it takes a full week for corporate to send that particular store your employee number. Once you have your number, then you are able to start actual work there

Interview Questions

• They asked about past work experiences, you as a person, and why work at Zara?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Annapolis, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview process was very fast , basically after applying in the store and going back and forth on the phone i was able to get hired after one interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zara (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed and received a phone call 3 days late about an interview. I went in for the interview 3 days later. The interviewer was really nice and open with his experience when he first started out at Zara. The interview lasted for about 15-20 minutes and a few hours later I got a call about a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Zara?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How would you handle a situation with an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zara.

Interview

This was a very quick interview process. The three managers came out to conduct a group introduction. After they made their introduction, they separated applicants and interviewed them 1:1 privately. They seemed to have been looking for generic responses to the questions asked.

Sales Associate/Cashier/StockRoom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Century City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Attended Zaras Hiring event they make you look around the store while you wait for others to arrive i will say i was the first one there i arrived 30mins early then the actual hiring event started so i can't say if it was group interview but do except it if there's a crowd waiting, i was seen first the manager made me complete a in store application 3 pages just to let you know after i completed it we had a 1 on 1 interview very quick she asked the same questions we've heard so much but with one thing different do you love fashion? I'm going to say if you do not have the ''LOOK'' and or into fashion and you do not come fashionable you will be not be called i came in professional interview clothes ...also if your availability doesn't match their criteria which is afternoons and mainly evening i wouldn't get my hopes up either... overall be ready! dress to impress and i mean it! bring your resume and good luck!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

It wasn't bad. The manager takes you outside of the store and asks you pretty basic retail oriented questions. As long as you've done some initial review of the brand or are familiar enough with clothing retail, you'll be fine. I highly recommend doing a cursory glance at both the Zara and Inditex websites. You don't have to memorize anything, but the manager may ask you how you think Zara's fashion would fit into your personal style.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for?

Why do you want to work for Zara?

What interests you about the brand?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Casual, basic retail questions. They asked me about trend that I had seen at the moment and what I expected to get out of this job. Also described my duties and if I was welling to work hard

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was a group interview which gave me the ability to express my character and to show my confidence. If you have experience from other clothing companies they like to hire with experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of suggested selling.   1 Answer