Zara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zara Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.1

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zara in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy. Applied online got a call back and a follow up from a recruiter. Very timely. The questions were pretty broad about general retail understanding. They were quick to tell me whats next and what to expect.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara.

Interview

I was hired at an "open house", which is a quick screening process. The interview process took about 15-20 mins. Very informal and straight to the point. The regional manager or hiring manger tells a bit about the company and few expectations, followed by a few quick questions about your ability to multi-task, and communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Took about 10 mins. The lady that interviewed me made me feel nervous. I showed up 15 minutes late and she got on me for that. Asked if I was available for 5am shift. Said no because I didn't have a car. I was nervous the while interview so it was a little hard for me. If anything be prepared with your answers and don't take long to answer. She said they were doing other interviews and she will give me a call back.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was placed in New York in person. The two interviewers came to New York from Spain to offer the job. As the interview was for the designer position, I had to show my portfolios of the graduate collection and explain about them. I also shared the internship experiences from other companies.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Miami, FL).

Interview

I went to turn in my resume and got hired on the spot. I started the next week. It was an easy interview, and the questions were relatively easy. I was told to come in that week to fill out paper work and then I immediately started working.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They emailed me directly on indeed regarding the position. But when I got there they ambushed me with other positions they wanted to fill, and told me they filled the one I applied for. I do a lot of research on brands before I interview with them, and I take note on how I am treated during the interview process. It was one of the worst interviews I have been on. She forgot my name, didn't read my resume, and made little to know effort to smile or be friendly. I have worked for Hautelook, BCBG, and Vince. to name a few. I loved Zara because the clothes I actually identify with.

For me I love the clothes but had a terrible company experience. I have never walked out of an interview. I'm sure not every experience is like this, but I wanted to share mine.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (Bloomington, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer seemed a bit inexperienced. They made me fill out another application in store after I already applied and was invited for an interview. The whole ordeal seemed rushed and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zara (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied and contacted by regional recruiter and interviewed via webcam. Next step was interview with regional HR manager and regional merchandising manager. They then completed reference checks. Offered two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What're three things most important to you in running a store?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked in on Open House day and talked to the store manager for less than 5 minutes after filling out a form. There were about 4 more candidates waiting after me. I felt very rush and didn't get a chance to talk about my resume or anything. Haven't heard any response after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was Quick I got hired on the spot and started the week after hired at Tysons Corner then got transferred to Pentagon as soon as the store opened like a month later