Zara Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

1.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Torrance, CA).

Interview

The interview was held in the food court at the mall. It was pleasant enough, but awkward because you were watched by everyone else who was applying. The interviewer was very nice and made the interview less stressful. I received a call and was offered the job later that same day. The whole experience was extremely quick.

Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with about six people. Recruiter claimed that the interview process was meant to get to know us personally; in actuality, everyone gave a one line introduction of their past relevant experience and for the rest of the time we listened to her talk about Zara. The interview itself was pretty smooth, but the followup process has been a nightmare. This is my third time being offered a position by Zara, and this is also the third time that they have failed to actually make that happen by following up with me, regardless of how many times I've reached out. I've been dragged along by this company for months and I'm tired of them; their practices are juvenile. How can they expect to grow when treating their prospective employees like this?

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They emailed me directly on indeed regarding the position. But when I got there they ambushed me with other positions they wanted to fill, and told me they filled the one I applied for. I do a lot of research on brands before I interview with them, and I take note on how I am treated during the interview process. It was one of the worst interviews I have been on. She forgot my name, didn't read my resume, and made little to know effort to smile or be friendly. I have worked for Hautelook, BCBG, and Vince. to name a few. I loved Zara because the clothes I actually identify with.

For me I love the clothes but had a terrible company experience. I have never walked out of an interview. I'm sure not every experience is like this, but I wanted to share mine.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy they didnt really ask much just asking my experience and regular retail questions. It was fairly quick for me i was hired the same day and was told to work the next day.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for that company?
      what would you do if the costumer cant find the item they want in there size ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier/StockRoom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Century City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Attended Zaras Hiring event they make you look around the store while you wait for others to arrive i will say i was the first one there i arrived 30mins early then the actual hiring event started so i can't say if it was group interview but do except it if there's a crowd waiting, i was seen first the manager made me complete a in store application 3 pages just to let you know after i completed it we had a 1 on 1 interview very quick she asked the same questions we've heard so much but with one thing different do you love fashion? I'm going to say if you do not have the ''LOOK'' and or into fashion and you do not come fashionable you will be not be called i came in professional interview clothes ...also if your availability doesn't match their criteria which is afternoons and mainly evening i wouldn't get my hopes up either... overall be ready! dress to impress and i mean it! bring your resume and good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week. I applied through Indeed with my Indeed Resume. I got a called two days later to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was very quick and honestly rushed. The manager was very friendlt but occupied she only asked me three questions and took my resume. I got a call the same night saying I was hired but for a Stock Associate.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Zara was having a job fair and I have always wanted to work there, so I decided to go ahead. I brought in my resume and filled out an application. I was kind of intimidated at first because I didn't have much retail experience compared to another girl I was talking to that was applying for sales, but I continued to be myself (all bubbly). The interview was one on one and was easy to be honest. My interviewer was cool and explained what the job responsibilities were. The interview was about 10 minutes long. Four days later, I got a call saying they wanted to offer me a position and if I could come in the next day to fill out the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about yourself.
      Why Zara?
      What do you know about Zara?
      What, from your past work experience, can you apply useful to this position?
      What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Pasadena, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy and simple ask you a few questions about experience, you fill out one page application and then interview with manager of the department you will most likely be hired in

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

went to the store and submitted my resume. Got a call the next day, interviewed with the store manager assistant. It was a really relaxed one and she told me right away lets schedule one with the GM. So i went back a week later, met with the GM and had a good interview where she offered me another position and i accepted.

Interview Questions

• give me an example where you had to use your customer service skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied in person at the store. Turned in my resume and the quick resume they give you, to a manager. They ask you a few basic questions when you turn it in and they called back about a week later. Interviewed with the assistant manager and store manager at the back of the store. I expressed my interest in fashion but was honest and told them I had no retail experience. They hired me the next day.