Zara Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.2

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara.

Interview

deputy manager did me a lot of questions about situations in the store, about my experience in this store o others stores in retail, how can I start.. how many money I hope about this role.. if prefer work alone o in team

Interview Questions

• experience
      situations in store   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

PROCESS:

1. Applied online via Inditex Careers.
    2. Responded to around a week later with a phone call.
    3. The interview took place at the Inditex Careers office in London.

ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW:

1. We were asked to fill in an application form including the details of what store we were interested in working in and the hours you are available. Make sure you have two references before hand, as they ask you for this information.

2. A group of roughly 20 of us were taken to a room and started off the interview process by playing 'ice breaker' games for a good 30 mins...

3. We watched two videos on the company Inditex and what they are about.

4. Got into groups of 6/7 and created mind maps on the different roles available in store and what their duties were, followed by presenting our work to the group.

5. After the activity, we had to get into another group, preferably with people we did not work with previously and answer possible outcomes to scenarios. This included roles such as a "Sales Associate", "Cashier" and a "Stockroom Assistant".

6. Then we were asked to get into another group where we had to describe one another and what individual best suits what store. For example. "I believe John will be best suited for the role of a Sales Associate at 'Massimo Dutti' because of the way he is dressed". Pointless, if you ask me.

7. The interview process ended with the collection of our CV's and passport photocopies along with our confirmation of our written availability.

The group interview lacked the understanding of the individuals who were applying and their own individual skills. I highly doubt that the individual who was holding this interview process, by himself, could learn all our names and judge who was best suited for the role. May I add that the individual who constructed the interview process lacked in having effort of getting to know the names, so I find it difficult how they could remember 'who was who?' and 'who did what?'.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the role of a Sales Associate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at London bond street.

*--They will give you a form to fill with personal details and availability. Make sure you have your national insurance with you and two referees details. Then when they are ready to take everyone in you will go inside a room (class room/ meeting room based).

*--Remember: they will test you with everything make sure you stand out and you are confident. Even when they put the video up make sure you are watching they will stand at the back of the room dropping notes.

*--With inditex group interview there wasn't any personal interview question. They will ask what do you know about the company's history, technology, distribution, new collection arrivals. the questions are more surrounded the retail job roles.

*--Make sure you have a clear understanding of the company's job roles. Although it might seem obvious but there will be another person that might have said the information you know and obviously, you can’t repeat the same information.

Tips: Everything will be super quick and relaxing so make sure you stand out each time you speak. When mentioning information about the company mention interesting facts, they will often say why are we the No.1 retailer. why do we stand out? what makes us different than our competitors?

Interview Questions

• what makes us different from our competitors?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zara (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Multiple group interviews which, ultimately, mean nothing as long as you're not completely inadequate, as Inditex hire people by the 10s.

From reading previous interview experiences and from speaking to former collegues, the interview process does differ somewhat, however, the format is generally, two group interviews, with basic questions and scenarios, as well as some form of quick individual interview to the side.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zara (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online on inditex website, got called in for a group interview 5 days later and asked to print out cv and passport.
    On the day of the interview, we were told to sit down and watch 2 short videos. Later on we got asked to get into groups of 5 and write down the job description of sales assistant, stockroom and fitting room assistant.
    Make sure to answer all questions to impress them.
    At the end we had to fill in a form and let them know what days we are available.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Day 1: Applied in person at Inditex Talent Centre. Bring CV and fill in form.
    Day 2: Got a call to come in for group interview.
    Day 3: Group interview with around 20 people.
    Day 8: Received email saying if successful will be contacted.
    Day 10: Received email saying successful application.
    Day 11: Received call and email on which position and which store.
    Day 14: Contract signing + induction.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge on Inditex as a whole and responsibilities of roles (Sales associate shop floor, sales associate fitting room, cashier, stockroom assistant)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, they called me and I had an interview at INDITAX office.
    It was kind of group Interview. At first they played the video about INDITAX and we had time to speak freely about what they know about it. After, They divided the volunteers into teams and gave them some difficult situations as questions. So we had time to discuss and give a solution.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara.

Interview

First the job and responsibilities were briefly described, then approximately half an hour of questions. Typical interview questions what are your strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in five years. It was a personal interview with a supervisor of the department. I heard back about a week later by email that I was not successful in my application

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Zara.

Interview

I went to Inditex (just off Oxford Street) and asked to apply for a job. I filled in an application form, which gave me the option to apply to all their companies however i specifically ticked the boxes for Zara and Massimo Dutti. I was contacted a couple of days later for a phone interview. It lasted roughly 10 minutes and I was asked some quick questions regarding my previous job and how I would deal with certain situations on the shop floor. I was offered the job right after the interview but didn't end up accepting it as the only vacancies were part time.

Interview Questions

• A time when you dealt with a difficult customer?
      What to you feel determines good customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Zara in March 2017.

Interview

Sent cv into store outside of London called in for 1 on 1 interview . they got back to me in 2 weeks after I gave in my cv as a vacancy had randomly popped up! 1 on 1 .