Zara Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zara Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Zara

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They emailed me directly on indeed regarding the position. But when I got there they ambushed me with other positions they wanted to fill, and told me they filled the one I applied for. I do a lot of research on brands before I interview with them, and I take note on how I am treated during the interview process. It was one of the worst interviews I have been on. She forgot my name, didn't read my resume, and made little to know effort to smile or be friendly. I have worked for Hautelook, BCBG, and Vince. to name a few. I loved Zara because the clothes I actually identify with.

For me I love the clothes but had a terrible company experience. I have never walked out of an interview. I'm sure not every experience is like this, but I wanted to share mine.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zara

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Bloomington, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

My interview was done through FaceTime. The Regional Visual Manager for the kid's department was the interviewer. I had worked for Zara for 7 months as a sales associate before applying for the visual merchandiser position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have as a visual merchandiser?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (Cerritos, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied for a visual merchandiser position at the location in Cerritos. I was so excited when they called me for an interview. I arranged everything to be there on time since I am still working. I got there a bit before my interview started, I went to the cashier and asked her if she could call a manager that I was there for an interview. She called them, and told me to wait. I waited and waited until 45 minutes after that the manager came out of the office he then walked me towards the entrance of the men’s department and said we can start here. He asked me “ tell me a little bit about yourself?” I processed, told him I really liked merchandising. That’s when he said the position he was calling me about was for sales. I was not interested in I told him. He then said that to be hired for a visual was very unusual, that they hire with in. I was so disappointed, literally a waist of my time. I was getting offered a lower position, lower hours, and a lower pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online, followed up with job poster, she took my name and info and sent it over to a recruiter. The recruiter emailed me about 2 hours later inviting me for a in person interview. I decided to take initiative and do a 12 hour drive with my portfolio to NY for the interview. Got a car/hotel. I showed up, dressed to impress, on time, portfolio ready. First interview went well, recruiter invited me to a second interview, however I informed her that I did not currently live in NY and it would be hard for me, but she greatly insisted that I come back. So I traveled 12 hours back, to return the rented car and get another one, I had to call off of work, and then I drove 12 hours back, got a hotel (spent a lot of money for this interview). 2nd interview was with 2 unqualified employees that worked in HR, I had no idea I would be getting interviewed by them, because the recruiter told me that I would just be interviewing with her again. I got there to find out she was in a meeting. That interview went well. I followed up about a week later, and got no response. The recruiter I emailed was out of the office, but surely when she returned on a Tuesday morning, I got an email saying that the company went with another candidate. So, overall the process was very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Complete waste of time and money. Job seekers, if you are interviewing for a job, do not travel to the location unless the company will compensate you for it. That way if they waste your time, at least they didn’t waste your money.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Zara   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty unprofessional as far as a "Job Fair" goes. They had 2 people they recently promoted from the sales floor as "HR". They had 2 tables and were conducting group interviews of 3. The visual interviewer had no real idea or information about the visual department, positions for growth besides becoming a manager, the hours of the position, or the actual LOCATIONS of the stores that are hiring. At first I thought when she said the LA area she was just speaking in general. When I asked her specifically which stores, she got Snarky and said "its the whole La area will that be a problem?" Uhhh LA is a big place. The whole point of a job fair is to represent actual available jobs with locations, and maybe even have a business card or something. Not to waste peoples time with un qualified interviewers, who didnt think to make a phone call, send an email or request a memo on the positions your having an"job fair" for.

Interview Questions

• Her constant questions about school? What is your school schedule?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zara in August 2010.

Interview

It was very easy and comfortable. The interviewer gave me a lot of insight to the company and as I was waiting to be interviewed, I noticed how professional the employees were. They all seemed to have task and give pretty okay costumer service to client. They also seemed to be very knowledgeable of the merchandise

Interview Questions

• Had I ever have a romantic relationship with anyone I have worked withbefore   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Atmosphere was friendly, we took a coffee and discuss about fashion.
    It looks like I went out with my friends for a coffee.
    First I said something about myself and my education, and then they have questions about my skills, what do I think about fashion, about Zara company.
    Why Ii would like to work in Zara.
    Do I have anyone who works for Zara?
    Did I ever work for Zara company?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zara?
      What do you think about fashion in the city?
      What are your goals?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, we didn't negotiate at all. Thet answer me in 2 days that I got a job.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, got called in for an interview. I interviewed with the general manager. They called my references. Hired within a week of initial interview. 20 min interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about the company   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2019.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview.

Given wrong location for interview and did not apologise for mistake. They were surprised that i did not work in the fashion industry so obviously they did not do their homework on who they are interviewing. They spoke among themselves in their native language during the interview. They asked little to irrelevant questions and giving subtle judgemental look towards you. Maybe I’m not fashion enough for them. One of the interviewer had a sour face throughout the interview. Interview ended in less than 10 minutes. Waited for them at a wrong given location 30mins longer than the interview.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 1 week later had phone interview with HR, 1 week later had face to face interview with someone from HR, a few days later had interview with head of VM for melbourne