Zaxby's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zaxby's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkin, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zaxby's (Elkin, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

When I arrived I told them I was there for an interview. They gave me a free drink and asked me to find a seat. The person doing my interview was nice, asked me questions using an interview guide where she would write down my answers. I currently have a second interview scheduled with the general manager himself next Monday and I am hoping I get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zaxby's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zaxby's (Summerville, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Put in an application online, got a call about a week later and they said they really needed daytime cashiers. Went in for an interview and was immediately given a free drink. The GM and an assistant manager came out and met with me. The assistant manager ended up doing my interview. She was nice. She asked me basically every typical interview questions. Probably about 10 questions. The interview took about 15 minutes. She said if I got a call that meant they were interested. Before I even got home they called to set up a 2nd interview for two days later. It was with another assistant manager, she was extremely nice and seemed to like all my answers and said I did really well. She then explained that they usually all decide together who to hire but she would definitely put my name into the mix but they had about 30 interviews to do. I called about a week later and the GM knew who I was immediately and he said they were still doing interviews. I called about a week later and the positions had been filled. Was really disappointed because it seemed like I was going to be hired but they were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Hope Mills, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zaxby's (Hope Mills, NC).

Interview

The manager and GM were both very friendly and welcoming. They were excited to have me there due to my politeness and positive attitude. The interview went smoothly and my orientation is in exactly one week.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zaxby's.

Interview

It was a friendly process asking basic questions. It took a week to process through everything and get hired and fill out the paperwork. The training is hands on according to interview phrase. No, online job test so far.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Midtown, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zaxby's (Midtown, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual conversation and basic questions, asking basic info, what my hobbies are, what my experience has been in other workplaces. They ask if you have reliable transportation. They were quite friendly though. It was a pretty quick interview, only took around 10 to 15 minutes. They do ask you to get a drug test before they consider hiring you though, which isn't a problem.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zaxby's.

Interview

It was very quick and painless, you fill out some paperwork and you return for orientation if they like you. The manager sits you down, he gives you a run down of the responsibilities, asks you some questions relating to your future plans and skills. Afterwards he leaves you alone with a sheet of paper that asks how you would handle certain situations with customers and fellow employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zaxby's (McDonough, GA).

Interview

I applied over the weekend and got a call for an interview the following Monday, for that very afternoon. I had to wait an hour beyond the scheduled time, and the assistant manager interviewed me as opposed to the general manager. Despite the wait, the people there were very friendly and I felt as though I answered the questions well. Unfortunately, however, I was not selected to be hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zaxby's.

Interview

Very easy. Just wanted to know about myself, did I drive, when was I available, etc. Very laid back, if you dress nice, have a nice personality it is almost guaranteed you will get the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zaxby's in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a job fair, since it was a new location the job fair was happening at a hotel. I got there a little early, but they started interviewing me right away. I first talked to this young guy that I don't think had interviewed a lot of people before, and then I was asked to wait before talking to the GM. He was super friendly, gave me his card, told me about the training and told me to just go online and fill out something for my hours. Which made me believe that I pretty much had the job. I emailed him to make sure I was filling out the online information in the right way and I never heard anything back.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zaxby's (Louisville, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very smooth. Just asked about me, they were so sweet and great environment. They kept mentioning how they wanted a great positive attitude for their guests and told me I was that person and had a beautiful smile that would be great for the front. Interview was mostly to see how I was as a person. No difficult questions just mainly about myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me way over minimum wage. I was very happy about that.