Zazzle Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was at school at the time so I interviewed over the phone/Skype. I first interviewed on the phone with HR (about 20 min), then had a series of Skype interviews where I talked to all three designers on the design team (about 1 hour total). It was pretty straightforward, not really any questions that would throw someone off.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?   2 Answers

Platform Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people that quickly threw questions but seemed to already have their mind made up about whether or not they were going to hire me.

Hiring manager came in and said that I wasn't normally a person they would consider and that I was only there because I was strongly recommended. Asked if I had any questions after that and wouldn't even make eye contact. Not sure how that's an interview, but completely was an eye opener that the impression you get of the company from outside is not an accurate portrayal of the inner workings and the personality of the people inside. It was very much like rush week at a fraternity/sorority and by the last interview you could see the theme.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you believe to be true that nobody else knows is true?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Stresses that there is an intensive 2 week training period (wasn't that hard).
    Asks about handling difficult situations, like handling difficult people.
    Asks about a time where you sold something and why you would like to work in this field.

Creative Department Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They poached me unsolicited rather aggressively. The recruiter spent a lot of time with me, both in-person and on the phone, but the other staff members only got 30 minutes each. They scheduled my in person interview and then called back to try and make it a week earlier because they didn't want me to accept an offer from another company. Yet after I turned in the creative assignment (see description below) they never got back to me and I had to chase them down for a reply after 2 weeks Totally unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The main thing I want to say here is that the creative assignment they gave me was unbelievably inappropriate. I've done and given my fair share of these, so I didn't at all mind that this was part of the process. But I was totally taken aback by the sheer volume and breadth of work they asked for, and the level of finish they expected. In the past if I ever gave a candidate or prospective agency an assignment of this magnitude, I paid them for it. The assignment was to both critique in detail past work and provide a new integrated campaign to showcase the changes you would've made. And a future integrated campaign. In both cases a full strategic analysis, media plan, multiple options were expected...and you were expected take all of this work to a full level of finish. High-fidelity finished PS files and then some. They also told me to "take as much time as I needed" to complete the assignment. This is odd. A year? A month? Tomorrow? Aren't you looking to hire someone asap?
      Anyways, it felt like idea farming and I'm definitely keeping an eye on their marketing in the next year.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

phone screening by the HR like the usual and follows by 3 on-site interviews with hiring manager and others in two different locations. Redwood City - HQ and San Jose - Plants.

Required to analyze a set of excel data and tell the story afterwards. Also, it gives you 3 days to prepare a powerpoint presentation based on the 2 interviews and data you have collected. Need to make quite a lot of educated guesses and assumption to make the presentation works.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to talk about cultural fit and functional review and all that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiting agency. Went in to the interview, fairly simple and straightforward. Asked what I knew about the company and where I wanted to be.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I knew about the company, had I ever used the site before, did I make an account.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Zazzle's interview process is pretty standard. It starts with a phone screen, which should be straight forward if you are familiar with basic data structures and runtime/space complexity, with difficulty on par with easier CTCI problems. It follows with a (non-technical) phone interview to see which team you would mesh well with. Lastly, the onsite consists of a tour and 3ish interviews most likely with engineers from different teams. Again, you should be familiar with the basic data structures (Linked-Lists, Queues/Stacks, trees, hashsets, hashtables, heaps, lists etc.) as well as their common augmentations. Advanced data structures (bloom filters, red-black trees, B+-trees etc.) aren't expected to pass these questions, but I imagine if you could apply them beneficially then that would be a huge plus.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter for an on-campus interview and was asked a couple technical questions, one brain teaser and another very basic set of questions on trees. Then I was invited to an on-site interview that lasted several hours over several interviewers. One brain teaser was asked, but every other question involved implementing a class, and was centered around OO design.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Zazzle was definitely one of the most challenging places I had interviewed at. Arriving at the location. I was surprised at how large the building was. I had previously expected only a small office space since I heard it was a budding startup. I agree with the other reviewer that the place was rather disorganized and the construction going on was quite distracting. However, I think that it is perfectly reasonable since they are undergoing an office renovation, and the employees have no control over it. I was assured that the building would look awesome by the summer. Everyone that I talked to at Zazzle was incredibly brilliant. I have been to 40+ software engineering interviews over the past 2 months, and this was by far the most challenging process I had to go through. I went through 5 interviewers back to back, each for around 45mins to 1hour. I was there for a total of 5hours 30mins.

All the questions they asked ranged from moderately challenging to very challenging. I think the nature and difficulty of questions they posted to me made me even more excited about joining the company. Many software engineers at the company are Stanford & MIT computer scientists, many with postgraduate degrees, and some even have phds.

They were all very friendly to me, and I loved the atmosphere there.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was invited to an onsite interview after talking to one of their engineers at an infosession in UC Berkeley.They said they would need me from 1 to 5 pm. I had to drive for like 40 minutes in traffic from Berkeley to Redwood city. When I got there, they had some construction going on and everything was mess. It turned out they actually moved to another building. OK. The guy who interviewed me was a lead engineer. I told him I was driving right from school in traffic and he didn't even offer me a glass of water. Then, first thing he says is how bad my resume is organized and shows me somebody else's. Fine. Then he asked me some brainteaser and to write a small class. After one hour he says he done with interview and I have to wait for next guy. So, next guy comes and right of the bat, "You can go now because the guy you talked to is a lead engineer and he didn't like. We are busy company and we don't want to waist anymore time...." When he said that the guy "didn't like you", I thought he was joking. I understand they try to make an informal atmosphere. ("At least they didn't bro me"). I actually felt pretty annoyed and I think it was the worst investment of 10$ that I spent to get their. Overall, really unpleasant impression. You are like owned: you have to allocate 4 hours+ of your time, you have to their place, you are not even offered a water, and they kick you out because their time if expensive. I ended up landing an internship with Macy's.

Interview Questions

• Why is your resume is only one page and is not as good as the next interviewee one?   Answer Question