KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Zeal IT Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 4 interviews

Interviews at Zeal IT Consultants

Positive100%
Employee Referral75%
Other25%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zeal IT Consultants

Zeal IT Consultants

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Zeal IT Consultants

Interview

Zeal is a great place to work. It is a place to aspire to working. The interview was a conversation where both sides can get to know each other. Zeal has very high integrity, but feel free to ask about their processes and procedures. They are transparent and will tell you how things work. Just come prepared to show your best self: technical, people, and communications all matter, but integrity and character are huge. These things can't be faked, so there is not a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, what you have done, what do you want to do, what you are good at, what you have accomplished, what matters to you? No gotcha or tricky questions. It is like a real conversation, so no questions I would not be able to ask them.
    1 Answer

Zeal IT Consultants

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Zeal IT Consultants

Interview

It was a bit different from my other interview experiences. I was invited to a few company socials, lunch with a few members of leadership, and some other one-on-one conversations with decision-makers. What was especially helpful for me as an outsider throughout the process was getting a sense of the company culture. Not hearing about it from the hiring manager or reading about it on the website - seeing it firsthand. Anyone who has tried to purposely develop culture within an organization of people knows that it's hard. Zeal has probably the best company culture I've seen. Their values aren't simply aspirational, but are demonstrated when you spend time around anyone who works there. The first time I went to a Zeal social event, I felt like I mattered to the people I met. There's something special about this. It wasn't just that people were nice to me, but so many people were genuinely interested to talk to me. When I talked with anyone in leadership, it seemed like they wanted the process to be a mutual "get to know you" rather than assuming the traditional interviewer role of dominating the conversation. It was always clear Zeal wanted what was best for me. I remember leaving conversations thinking, "I really like these people." At every point they showed me tremendous respect. One of the things I think is especially a strength of Zeal is this emphasis on relational development. They seem to value chemistry and social intelligence at the same level as hard job skills. Zeal ended up giving me a very generous offer because they recognized my current company was undervaluing me as a developer. I had several different questions and concerns, and they patiently talked through each of them until I was content. I accepted the offer but, ultimately, I backed out because my current company matched it (to my surprise). I liked the idea of going to Zeal anyway, but I'm having a second child in a few months, trying to buy a house soon, and didn't want to add any extra stress now that I already got the raise. Despite me turning them down after all of the time they spent with me, the CEO and hiring manager both expressed they were excited that everything still worked out well for me and had no hard feelings. I can see myself reconsidering 6-12 months down the road because Zeal seems like a place where I would grow as a developer and a person. Plus a handful of people there have intentially developed an ongoing relationship with me. Would highly recommend checking them out! *I don't normally write reviews, but after reading through the others on glassdoor and seeing some really negative ones from the past couple of weeks I felt I should add my two cents. I'm not an employee of Zeal's so take it for what it's worth, but I didn't get any sense that they were trying to lie to me or put me in a position I wasn't ready for. Any other developer I talked to has seemed very sharp and knowledgable - even the junior devs. I just found those reviews to be really odd considering my experience.

Interview Questions
  • The interview process was much more conversational, rather than grilling me with typical interview questions, but we talked about all the same things: past education, projects I've worked on, and work experience.
2 people found this interview helpful

Zeal IT Consultants

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zeal IT Consultants in Jun 2021

Interview

I met one of Zeal's Leadership Team members through my networking efforts this past spring. Not too long after initially connecting, I was scheduled for a virtual interview (via Google Meet).

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a project you recently worked on and what you liked or disliked about the work—and why.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeal IT Consultants (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

Interviewing at Zeal IT Consultants are organized, professional, and structured. The team is extremely responsive, and flexible in ensuring appropriate time slots across time zones are considered. At each stage of the interview process, I was clear on whom I was meeting, number of rounds, and interview scope regarding sharing my relevant past experience.

Interview Questions
  • I shared my experience via situational questions, such as "Tell me a time when you were tasked to grow the business beyond traditional segments. What was your approach/ what was your strategy?"
RSS Feed</>Embed