Zebra Technologies Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

About 1 hour long phone screen with questions about technical background etc Code challenge (1-2 hours ) and final on-site set of interviews with team members.
    No technical issues whatsoever - no offer though due to a position mismatch.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions - looks like the coding challenge is the deciding factor in terms of technical backgrounds/   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiting firm. Was asked to come in for interview within the week. Met with a Sr. Project manager who did not have any interaction with "the girls in the position." Arrived 10 minutes early for my interview on a Friday afternoon. Was told to electronically sign in and would be met by the interviewer. Waited for a few minutes, Mark came to retrieve me. First question was whether or not I need to use the "ladies' room." When I said no, he asked me if I was sure. He had not read my resume and asked me if I had only worked for nonprofits. He told me he thought my master's was a throwaway degree. He answered some emails while I was speaking and told me to just keep talking. I've worked in nonprofits for over 8 years and he told me he thinks of nonprofits as the TV show Parks and Recreation where everyone screws around and nobody does any actual work. "It seems like you have a volunteer mentality and don't care about working."

Was called back for a second interview and was told the first interview was a test. Second interview was scheduled for 12-12:30 with the department director. He was 10 minutes late, nobody could get a hold of him. Second interview was scheduled for 12:30-1, but the interviewer's blood sugar was crashing so he decided to eat instead and told me to sit in an empty office and play angry birds. Next interview, they told me to call the person interviewing me, so I called him and we spoke for 15 minutes. Afterwards, I went to the office of the final interview and he was on his phone. He put a finger up to me and shut the door. After 10 minutes, he came and got me, told me that they would follow up and that they weren't actually sure what position they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• Do you need to use the ladies' room? Are you sure you don't need to use the ladies' room?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First phone call from recruiter and then a thirty minutes phone interview with Tax team hiring manager. The interview was pretty easy, just basic questions. But ended up getting no further interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Just 2 phone interviews, one with the HR and the other with the hiring manager. It was for the Emerging Technologies Office with very few people on the project, and hence the process was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• A lot of basic questions about Android SDK and Agile development methodologies. I was also asked to describe the projects I had listed on my resume.

The HR asked me to provide her a short introduction about myself, and about my general knowledge regarding the company.
      Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

The entire process from start to finish was organized, efficient and well coordinated. The recruiter was personable and professional. The recruiter thoroughly explained the hiring process, provided me with information, and followed up in a timely manner. The Hiring Manager was quite as smooth as the recruiter, but was still professional and in the end I believe it went well.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where I contributed value to the organization.   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Normal, nothing unexpected. Behavioral and situational based questions. Pretty laid back. I could tell they hadn't really read my resume. But just say you want to support management, add value, discuss how you will help them.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Essbase?   1 Answer

Inside Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in late March. Was contacted by Recruiter who did phone screening. Next step was phone interview with sales manager. I then was invited for an in person with same manager. Finally, I had to wait another three weeks for a second in person with peer and director. This was a 6 week process. I was finally told that I was being considered for a lesser position in which I had minimal interest. A couple days later, was eventually told I was not a finalist. Once they decided that I wasn't a candidate for the position in which I applied to, I would have appreciated being told this instead of wasting my time and taking additional time off from my current job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss past experiences as it would relate to this role.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and one in person with regional managers. Very easy, seemed mostly conversational. Talked about my past experience, what I'd done and why I'd done well. Pretty much just wanted to make sure I was a good personalty fit and that I had the min exp requirement on paper.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through Linked In.
    Received call from HR for on site interview a week later.
    Met with the manager and team members and I believed I hit all the points they were looking for.
    Followed up the interview with HR thanking them etc.
    Followed up again in a week and again in another week and again.
    Not one response from them and I gave up on it after a month.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a mix of technical and business perspective. First round HR wanted to know how well do you know your resume and how prepared are you with respect to the job role.