Zemax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zemax

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zemax (Kirkland, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview flow was not standard - office manager replied to my online application with an editing test. I then had a phone call with hiring manager, then another editing test, then on-site interview with hiring manager. Had an unconventional but seemingly positive conversation with the hiring manager, with requests for writing samples and references at the end, and indication that next steps would be a loop talking with more of the team. I provided the requested materials and the next thing I heard a few days later was a form email saying they "had difficult decisions" but that they would not be proceeding with my candidacy. No other feedback, or even personalization.

Interview Questions

• Draw six columns on a white board, make the first two your strengths and weaknesses in your mind, the next two your strengths and weaknesses according to your managers, and the third set your strengths and weaknesses according to your peers.   1 Answer

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zemax in January 2016.

Interview

It took Zemax one month to contact me after I had submitted my resume. The first interview was a phone screening. The hiring manager answered all my questions before I had a chance to ask. It seemed important to the hiring manager that employees enjoy working at the company. The interview was nothing too challenging, no surprises.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i would be willing to move to Washington if I got the job.   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zemax (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

It's a fairly long interview. I met with six different groups (1-3 people at a time) between 10am and 3pm. They said that one of the meetings wss a lunch meeting, but that wasn't true. Based on employee answers to the questions that I asked, most of the engineers are fresh out of school.

Interview Questions

• Is regular travel to China acceptable?   2 Answers

Zemax Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Director, Engineering Services

We appreciate hearing about your experience! However, as your interview was in 2012, this was not an interview with Zemax, but rather an interview with a different division of a company with whom we... More