Zendesk Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zendesk

1 Interview Review

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Had submitted my resume through Linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter who did the initial screening of what my interests are and if my skillset matches the requirement, though I didn't have any experience in node.js/ruby on rails(their primary stack), they were pretty open about it, which is a big plus. Was scheduled an initial phone screen with the hiring manager who outlined me about the products and the goals of the team in particular and a simple algorithmic question of removing duplicate words in a string with a minor tweak, solved in any programming language. I solved it in python and was immediately scheduled for an onsite for the following week.
The onsite was pretty straight forward, the HR briefed about the interview schedule and had 2 technical interviews followed by a system design interview and a general chat with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just revisit your CS fundamentals and be sure of some of the common data structures such as lists, queues, stacks etc and sorting algorithms, LRU cache design and alike.   1 Answer