Find jobs for Software Engineer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Zenefits Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 395 interviews

Employee Referral22%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview. Everything to this point went well. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour, I was greeted by the interviewer. The conversation was very stilted. He seemed as though he had other places to be and the last thing he wanted to do was interview me. He kept his replies curt and unconversational. Despite this, I tried to continue the conversation and keep it light. However, after a high-level question about my resume, the interview was cut short by almost 45 minutes. He didn't ask any follow-up questions about the work I've done or the skills I have. He didn't seem to care. He did ask if I had any questions about the company. I had a few, but his answers were very brief and uninformative, as though asking the question were something he needed to check off a list. Even if he thought I wasn't a good fit (which he couldn't have known - we'd barely spoken), ending an interview abruptly like this is not the way to treat prospective talent. The interview concluded with no next steps given and a very puzzled interviewee. I do not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions
  • Let's go through your resume.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in Mar 2021

Interview

Medium - Hard Problems asked with full working script. One LLD and one HLD problem was also asked. Advice will be to think out loud, discuss the thought process and debug well , if stuck.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Zenefits

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zenefits in Jul 2019

Interview

After two interviews with Zenefits recently, I want to share my experience here. Initially, I interviewed for a senior SDE position. Due to lack of experience, I didn’t get an offer although I received feedback that I have very strong coding skills. This was appropriate because they were looking for a senior Engineer with way more experience but I only have 2-3 yrs of industry experience. Last week the company invited me to interview for a junior SDE position. I was looking forward to it based on my first experience. However, they did not offer me the position. This time they claimed that my primary motivation to work at Zenefits is $$$, I mentioned work-life balance, plus a vague “communication problem”. If I have a communication problem, why did you interview me twice? The second hiring manager should have already seen the feedback from my first interview. Also, I did not ask them to explain or repeat any questions over and over during the interview. I don’t understand what the communication problem could be. Maybe it’s themselves who have communication issues. If the hiring manager wants to hire a native speaker, then go ahead and please don’t waste time of other candidates. On top of that, who doesn’t want a work/life balance and $$$? Would you like to hire someone who says that he wants to work for you 12 hours every day without any pay? In addition, I don’t think I focused excessively on the salary expectation in the interview process. The reasons they failed me during the second interview do not seem plausible, since they asked me similar background questions from previous interview and I gave nearly identical answers. The hiring manager has already read the feedback from the first interview, and why the communication problem only showed up at this time? Overall, I can’t complain about the experience of my first interview, but the feedback of the second interview definitely feels biased. Please respect your candidates or at least provide objective feedback.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zenefits (Bangalore) in Jan 2019

Interview

First Round of interview had 2 coding questions, which were easy. Then we had second round with another coding question, which is quite challenging. Then we had 2 rounds of face to face interview, and a stress testing round.

Interview Questions
  • How will you parallelize processes,i.e given amount of time taken for each process is given,also you have two processors,minimize total time taken.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2018

Interview

- 1st phone interview:1h general algorithm problem with manager - 2nd phone interview: 1h technical interview including mobile skill and one algorithm problem Received phone call from HR said I was doing well and would bring me to onsite interview. But next day, HR called me said they may need more senior guy... I totally understand that a startup company needs senior level engineer. But to an interviewee, it is not a good experience........

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits (Coimbatore) in Mar 2018

Interview

I applied online. Few days later I got a call from very friendly, OVERLY friendly guy from HR and he asked me few common questions about my application, where I live, when did I move to Vancouver etc. At the end he said that he will schedule an in-person interview. Few days later I met same HR person and one of their engineers in their office. There were a lots of personal questions again. They asked me to give short description of project at my last company but they appeared to be not very interested to listen to my answers. After few more personal traits questions regarding my hobbies they asked few more questions about what I know about company and its history. Looked like they were fishing for some particular answers to their non-technical questions but I am not sure what. Overall it looked that they wanted someone to have nice chat with about technologies used outside of their industry but they were not planning to offer a job regardless.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your last project in as much details as you can. Describe problems you have solved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2018

Interview

One phone screen followed by onsite. At onsite I had two coding and two system design interviews. Onsite question - Basic Calculator 3 (hard question from Leetcode). It involves recursively solving a mathematical expression.

Interview Questions
  • At onsite - Basic Calculator 3 from Leetcode.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

Two initial phone screens with coderpad 5 Onsites: 4 Technical, final is done with HM All good experience except one of the technical onsites. Guy was playing with his phone and speaking in a condescending way. 100% sure this was why no offer, as it was my only design question and that was the feedback given. He made me refactor from functions to class design, which i completed, and all working, but I guess still negative feedback. Non diverse engineering team, all of my interviewers were on visa from India

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

A got contacted by a recruiter whom told me everything about the company. I'm not actively looking for a new position but looking on glass door I liked the company and seems to be a great place to work. After applying I had this 1 hour interview with them using Google Hangout and Codepad for coding. Both interviewers seems to be great and they went direct to the point of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Rotate a given array for a number of times, one by one without using any other array. Then asked to improve it and move them all of once. While you are coding they ask you to explain what you are doing and they give you some hints as well during the steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zenefits (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Applied through their career page and got a call from HR within a week. Followed by a technical phone interview with one of their software engineers. Difficult questions. Could not answer in time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews