ZenithOptimedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZenithOptimedia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia.

Interview

Slow to get back at first, there was one round of interviews and heard back about 3 weeks later, interview consisted of two employees asking questions about experience, problem-solving, and behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a employee referral. The first round was a phone interview and lasted about half an hour. The second round was an in-person interview in their office. There was first a media math test, and then I interviewed with someone from HR and a SVP. I was told that a decision would be made after a couple of weeks, but I didn't hear back until a month later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between media planning and media buying?
      Why media?
      What part of the rotation are you interested in?
      What is the difference between national and local buying?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (New York, NY).

Interview

I first received an email asking to set up a phone interview later in the week. The phone interview went well and was fairly easy. She then asked to set up an in person interview which wasn't for another 3 weeks. I interviewed and I believed that interview went well. It was very similar questions as the first interview expect with a different person. They said I would hear back in 2 weeks and I never did. Then they emailed me almost a month later asking if I was still interested. I said yes and they never got back to me. The whole process was very time consuming and they were not straight forward. The interviews were easy but they were unorganized

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between media buying and media planning?
      What do you do in your free time?
      How did you hear about ZenithOptimedia?   Answer Question

Media Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in April 2016.

Interview

Learned about position through school career fair. Exchanged emails with recruiter for several months. Applied in February, originally was supposed to hear back in early March, but did not have interview until April. One phone interview and a subsequent in person interview. Received call in May that they were checking my references. Received rejection in June. Had very positive interactions with everyone in the process, but was told I was a good fit and received glowing recommendations and still did not receive offer, which they waited until the last minute to tell me.

Interview Questions

• Are there any clients of Zenith's that you are particularly interested in working with?   Answer Question

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick interview process as they were looking to fill the role quickly. Began with three phone interviews (HR, hiring manager, supervisor). The recruiter was super nice and moved me through the process quickly. I was flown to Seattle to interview with the team in-person since I wasn't local. When I arrived, there was an issue with the room reservation that took an hour to sort out but thankfully the recruiter answered my late night calls for help and got me squared away. The car service provided was awesome, however for some reason they cancelled the car service from the hotel to the office so I used as an opportunity to explore Seattle on foot and walked from the hotel to the office saving myself and the company money. :) The interviews were tiring as it was a 10a-3p schedule with a different interviewer each half hour and no scheduled lunch break. I made a joke about my stomachs growling and that promoted one of my interviewers to have someone take me to get something to eat. The person who took me was nice enough to expense it and happened to be one of my interviewers. He began interviewing me the moment we walked out of the door to head to a restaurant which made it hard for me to focus while power walking in heels trying keep up with his pace and talk at the same time without getting winded. When we arrived at the restaurant I was starving so I stuffed my face while he talked a lot and asked me lots of questions. Very weird setting for an interview. I've never had an interview over lunch. It was hard to focus while eating messy Mexican food (build-your-own fajita). My first two interviews were pretty redundant as I had already talked to both interviewers on the phone so they didn't have any new questions for me. Toward the end of the interviews, I grew tired of answering the same questions by different people and felt that it was redundant and unnecessary to have so many different people interview me. They all pretty much asked the same questions. They were all super nice. I thought the questions were easy and typical. After my last interview, the hiring manager walked me out. Later that evening, the recruiter contacted me asking how everything went and promised to get back to me with feedback within 2 days. She kept her promise and after about 2 days she called me. I missed her call so she followed up with an email letting me know that the team wanted to move forward with someone who's background was more of a fit for the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the company with in a week of applying. I talked on the phone with someone from their New York offices and then I was invited to New York for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What rotations would you like to do?
      Q: Why did you choose your major?
      Q: Tell me about your past internships and why you think you'd like working at Zenith
      Q: What is the difference between media planning and media buying?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then went in to the office with a group of 5 to 10 other candidates and took a math test. Math test wasn't too hard, just media math. Afterwards I met with a HR rep and a VP and talked with them for around 30 min.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy and here are your other thirst words because this website wont let me look at otherjobs unless i type more george is a bad guy go away crabby patty

Media Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia.

Interview

I was first asked to do a phone interview with HR. Some of the questions I was asked was about my skill level with Excel, the difference between media planning and media buying and how I found out about the Media Trainee program. I was then invited for an in person interview. During this, I had to take a quick math test which had about 10 questions and then had a 2 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about skills with Excel, my volunteer experience, what part of the program I was most interested in   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZenithOptimedia (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. First, I did a phone interview where I was basically just asked me about what I knew about the program and why I was interested in media and some of my marketing experiences. We also walked through my resume a little bit as well.

From there, I found out at the close of the phone interview that I would be invited to come in the following week to interview. There is a relatively easy math exam of about ten questions and you are given a calculator. Be sure to read the questions thoroughly because although its not difficult, it is easy to misread them and overlook a certain number or variable. Afterwards, I interviewed with a HR and senior manager for about a half an hour and was asked mostly behavioral questions. The following day, I found out that I was being extended an offer to join their January class.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Which rotations are you most interested in and which ones are you not? Tell us about a time that you had a conflict with a group member and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in advertising? Tell us about a time you achieved a goal. Why should we choose you? Basically as long as you can answer why you are interested in the program and match specific experiences that you have had in coursework and internships that fit well into the program, you should be fine.   Answer Question