Zerin Business Consulting Entry Level Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zerin Business Consulting Entry Level Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Here's my review of Zerin's interview process. I hope this helps in your quest to join Zerin! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week from the hiring manager. In the interview do not give one word answers, make sure to paint the image of what you are looking for and show your value to bring to the company. Think of a personal experience to relate to the question. They care more about how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is 'we can teach you about leadership but we cant teach you to be confident, talk to people and not be mean' so keep that in mind. It's okay if you dont know the answer to a question but dont just say 'I don't know'. I was offered another interview immediately. I came back in the next day and did a job shadow. I was offered the position the next day. All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zerin Business Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was laid back and easy. They kept the questions strictly on the company. In the first interview, they had already mentioned what is going to happen in the second Interview. Overall they don't mention what kind of job this is at all. But I did a little bit of research and found out that I'm being hired for door to door sales position. I just went for practice in the interview process since I recently graduated and am in the job search.

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Mc Lean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview. During the phone interview, they provide you with an overview of the company and they ask you very simple questions like: what are your hobbies
    2. In person interview. I had a group interview with two other candidates. We were asked the same questions and each one took turn to reply.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your best friend?
      What do you have that the other candidates do not have?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

You do not negotiate with them. They tell you how much you can earn and you find out later that the earnings are 100% commission based

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Basically, they find applicants who have posted their resumes to job posting websites and call them back. I do not even believe they checked my resume and after sitting down and speaking with the CEO and assistant manager, they basically told me how I will be making six-figures within a few years. Sounded like a sales pitch to find job applicants; in fact just plain desperate. Very few people actually stuck through the training and advance on from what I recall.

Interview Questions

• I first received a call to come in for an in-person interview thinking it was a company I originally applied to; they received my resume from Monster.com. They say they’re a marketing and consulting firm but really it is simply door-to-door sales. I was a little bit put off but have been desperate for work since graduating from college recently. I figured I would gain some experience and money while looking for other places so I figured, “how bad could it be?” Boy was I wrong.
      After a few days, my interviewer took me to the field where we conducted our sales pitch to various prospective customers. After a few hours, she told me we had to make a stop in NE DC where her boyfriend (also an employee) lived. She left me in the car for quite some time and when she came back, clearly she was inebriated. Her entire demeanor changed and this quickly became the most unprofessional interview I had ever had. Needless-to-say I did not return after that point.
      Answer Question

The interviewer was extremely unprofessional. In addition to the above, she spent most of the time on the phone on personal calls. The topics should not have been spoken about in front of fellow employees let alone someone who was interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called by Rachel and scheduled my first round interview. Met with Mark Hoge for about 10 minutes he asked me about myself we talked about sports, volunteering, school, weather, traffic. They really just wanted to see if I was professional and if I could carry on a conversation.

2nd Round interview someone took me to grab a soda (don't drink coffee). Explained compensation, timeframe, and job responsibilities. Then asked me 8 -10 questions. Then did the final round interview with Yasmine. Then I was allowed to go for the day. Offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   1 Answer
    • Put three things in order:
      Work environment
      Opertunity for Advancement
      Money
      1 Answer
    • What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiat start date for training. I wanted to start right away so that worked out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied via linkedin with a resume drop. The next morning they called and wanted me to come in for a interview. First day was a quick 1:1 interview with the assistant manager, then the 2nd day was a followup with two Team leaders who took me out to lunch. I was originally suppose to shadow them on their days work that day but the rain gave us other plans and the interview was cut short.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could handle managing a team of employees within a year? If so, why do you think we should pick you for the job?   2 Answers

The job description didn't match up to what I would really be doing. It seemed like a really fishy triangle scheme that I didn't want to get involved in, and the starting pay was something aroudn $300 a week which is hardly enough to pay rent in the Northern Virginia area.

Entry Level Interview

Interview

I applied this position and got a call from them the next day to set up an interview time. Then I came there for the first interview. That was a quite basic interview-- just like a chat. The night of that day, I was informed a second interview. At this time I went on line to search for some information about the position and company, and it turned out to be a door-to-door sale position, which was not what I was looking for. So the next day, I called and cancelled it.

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

My first interview was super quick and everyone was very nice and outgoing but they didn't give me very much description about the job. I was brought in for a second interview and surprised my going door to door selling, not my thing, and wish they would have told me beforehand so I didn't waste my whole day.

Interview Questions

Door-to-door is not what I wish to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Vienna, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions - tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize multiple projects, tell me about a time you had to tell someone no and how was that handled,etc.

Interview Questions

• A big focus on the interview was personality based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Vienna, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I went to an on-campus information session and left my resume with the recruiter. A few weeks later I got an e-mail to schedule an interview. Was a one on one on campus interview. I was first asked to introduce myself then asked a few questions. Asked a combination of both personal as well as technical questions.