Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.5

Assistant General Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

I was very quickly brought in for one interview, to "match a face to a name" and then I was told to come in bright and early the next day for a more comprehensive interview.
    I got there for interview round two at the same time as several other applicants, and I was soon assigned to an employee to have a "casual talk" and "get to know each other and the company". This employee took me out of the office for coffee in their personal vehicle, ostensibly to have a friendly chat but in reality I think it was a way to create a captive audience. Now that I was trapped in a coffee shop with the employee, they started working me over with the flashy sales plan that they kept insisting was "not really sales, just helping people, just having honest conversations with them." Honest conversations sound nice, but remember that this "friendly conversation" was taking place at a coffee shop that I could only leave by getting back into the car with this person. There was a lot of social pressure put on me to remain there and keep listening to the pitch, even though I knew it was nothing I wanted.
    I applied for the position of "Assistant General Manager Trainee", but I was interviewing for "door to door salesman" because it seems that is the only job they are hiring for. They list a LOT of openings on various job sites, like "Sales Team Leader" and "Training Management Opportunity", but I suspect they all lead to this one job. The reason being that this is a multi-level marketing scheme, where the way to advance to the higher paying positions lies in, and I quote "training four other people to be more successful than you". To get ahead you have to recruit four people that achieve more than you, and for them to achieve more than you that means THEY need to recruit 4 more people that are more successful than THEM, etc. This is sold to you as a plus, like it's a good thing to have this kind of super competitive behavior in the office to push you further. It's actually a predatory structure that is built to take advantage of desperate and naiive workers who think that THEY can rise up the ranks where others have failed.
    In short, I think this sort of thing should be illegal, tread carefully.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank these three things in terms of importance to you: Money, Culture, and Opportunity?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

My resume was found on the website. I got a phone call about arranging an interview. The recruiter told me I should come to their company and talked with their CEO. Not many details about the job itself. Just some basic behavioral questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college career job board. Their department reached out to me and we set up an interview time. The interview was with the manager of the company. He seemed like a nice guy. I was not offered a position at the time but am going to try bank after I graduate next year.

"Marketing" Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Red Flag #1 - A recruiter from Zerin Business Consulting called me, claiming that the CEO received my job application and the resume I sent them, and wanted to interview me immediately. The catch? I never applied for a job with them. I double checked all of ZBC's current job postings across several major career websites, and noticed that each job (from Junior Executive to Entry Level) had the exact same list of qualifications and responsibilities. All jobs were 100% identical.

Red Flag #2 - During they call, the recruiter didn't pre-screen me or ask me any questions about my work experience or advanced education.

Red Flag #3 - I agreed to give them a chance and scheduled the interview. One, they gave me no choice about what time I could interview. Tomorrow or nothing, essentially. Two, they promised to send me a follow up email on where to go, what to bring, and what to wear. I never received an email. Three, I am a professional with a master's degree. Why would you need to send me information on how to dress for an interview?

Red Flag #4 - I looked at ZBC's Glassdoor page to get a feel for potential interview questions and information about benefits. The consensus on the site seemed to be that ZBC is a door-to-door sales company masquerading their positions as professional sales and marketing jobs.

Red Flag #5 - The recruiter I spoke to on the phone told me to call her back at a particular number if I had questions. (I wanted to cancel the interview.) I called, and the line was not in service and not affiliated with ZBC. Next, I called the number listed on the company website. The number was again not in service.

Interview Questions

• None. They did not ask me any questions relevant to the job or my qualifications during our phone conversation.   1 Answer

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Only went through round 1 of the interview process, which was a type of phone screen to see if you are personable, etc. The interview was a neutral experience. Asked basic interview questions and then pitched information about the clients they work with/for, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could improve on? What do you like to do in your free time? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The first round of the interview process took place via Skype, being that I live two states away from Zerin's location. They called me later that day at 8:30 p.m to inform me that I had made it to the second round and I set up my interview time for the next week. One day before the interview, they sent me my confirmation email, stating that my interview would take place at 1:30 the following afternoon. However, after driving more than 8 hours to conduct my interview, the office was a ghost town, it was completely empty. I waited in the building for 20 min. hoping someone would show up and no one ever did. I then called the girl from HR who scheduled my interview, and there was no answer (keep in mind, this is at 1:30 on a weekday). Not only did no one show up for my interview, but they never called me back. I had read reviews that said to avoid this company, but I ignored them- I wish I hadn't. Avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest attributes? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I did a bit of research on the company and noted that many referred to it as a "door-to-door" company. Having prepared my questions for the interviewer, I waited for the call. As a first impression, calling 15 minutes late is already a bad indication. The interviewer was very abrupt and asked very basic questions about experience and personal goals, which is expected. However, the interviewer was reluctant to answer my questions about percentage of travel time and the sales aspect of the position. I was told that I would get a response by 5:00 pm the next day. That following day, no response. A few days after the interview, I e-mailed and called the interviewer to inquire about any possible results. No reply to my e-mail and the call was rejected after two rings - didn't even go to voice-mail. My one suggestion is that if you have someone who is genuinely looking for work and takes the time out of his/her day to interview, do not waste his/her time if you intend to behave unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience with Zerin. I would like to apologize on behalf of whomever you spoke with for your interview. If you would like to reach out ... More

Management Program Full Time Interview

Interview

They found me in some online database and called me. Scheduled an interview the second day. Simple questions asked like name one of your weaknesses and three of your strength. Called back for a second round interview where you shadow another employee and a final interview at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 5, 2015

Thank you for taking time to review Zerin. We wish you the best on your future career path.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through one of the job boards. I was contacted by the director of human resources and we scheduled a phone interview. However, it didn't go far because we found that the job did not match my career interests.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I recieved a call from Zerin regarding a resume that I submitted. I was interested in the management trainee program. The interview was very brief. I figured out during the interview that the job is essentially telemarketing, not related to consulting at all.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with selling directly to consumers?   Answer Question